SuperTrac Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid From TSC

/ SuperTrac Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid From TSC #1  

helpfulbook

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4700 Woods Backhoe 750, 460 Loader, Woodmaxx SB-72
Super S Hydraulic Fluid J2A- 2 gal. at Tractor Supply Co.
Hello, Guys do think it is ok to run this (SuperTrac Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid J20A) in my front axle. (From Tractor Supply)
The tractor is a 4WD JD 4700.
The front seals are leaking. And I was wondering if this is safe to use or something thicker to slow down the oil leak.

Thank you!
George

/ SuperTrac Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid From TSC
Or, is there something else from Tractor Supply anyone recommends?

Just use 80-90 GL4-5 gear oil.

Thank you! I take it this is thicker than the hydraulic fluid im using. And should slow the leak down.
Do you think I can just add it to the fluid I have in there now? Will it mix ok?

/ SuperTrac Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid From TSC #5  
The only thing I've ever seen reduce or stop a leaking seal is a new seal or opening a clogged vent. First thing to do with any axle leak is to identify if it has a vent and make sure it is open. Second is just to repair the seal and use the approved or compatible fluid.

/ SuperTrac Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid From TSC #6  
Thank you! I take it this is thicker than the hydraulic fluid im using. And should slow the leak down.
Do you think I can just add it to the fluid I have in there now? Will it mix ok?

You really should not mix fluids. Drain and refill and I agree with tractor guy, ascertain where it's leaking at and fix it. I only use 80-80 Gear oil in all my FWA front axles. Much better shock load qualities than hydraulic fluid.

Yeah guys I'm going to look into replacing the seal. I got the book out and looked what parts are all involved. It looks like there is 2 seals in there.
And I couldn't find much on my system being vented.
Thanks guys for the help!