survey: hyd gpm/psi of on-tractor pump-fel

/ survey: hyd gpm/psi of on-tractor pump-fel #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I have a 'curiosity' type qustion.

This relates to the chinese tractors (any brand) that use an integral hydro pump to power their fel's that is.. NOT a front crank driven stinger pump.. and NOT an optional belt driven pump.. I.E. a pump that would have come stock on the tractor, even if it did not have a loader.

What's your GPM and psi? How do you feel about the laoder speed and performance using this setup vs an aux pump of some kind?

thanks

Soundguy

/ survey: hyd gpm/psi of on-tractor pump-fel #2  
Soundguy said:
I have a 'curiosity' type qustion.

This relates to the chinese tractors (any brand) that use an integral hydro pump to power their fel's that is.. NOT a front crank driven stinger pump.. and NOT an optional belt driven pump.. I.E. a pump that would have come stock on the tractor, even if it did not have a loader.

What's your GPM and psi? How do you feel about the laoder speed and performance using this setup vs an aux pump of some kind?

thanks

Soundguy

According to Northern's website, the "standard" Jinma 200 series pump is rated at 2810psi and 8.62 gpm. I don't have any measurements off of mine to confirm or deny those specs. I have no performance complaints with my ZL-20 FEL which has cylinders about 1 3/4" diameter. Keep in mind that I have the "standard" factory hook-up, which is direct off the pump. You are very aware of the dead-head problem with that configuration. I have heard that if you select the 2" over the 1 3/4" cylinders for a Koyker FEL, it is rather slow in cycling. I believe the latest Jinma 200 series are coming with a slightly larger pump. I have no experience with aux pumps running a FEL to offer any comparison.

/ survey: hyd gpm/psi of on-tractor pump-fel #3  
The manual for my KM554 specs the hydraulic output at 20 liters/min and 16 MPa. That's 5.28 gpm at 2321 psi. The plate on the pump looks like it says 18ml and 2000 RPM which would be 36 l/min or 9.5 gpm.
It has a separate steering pump. Both are mounted on the side of the engine and appear to be gear driven.

I have a Koyker 195 loader with 2.25" cylinders. It works fine for me even though I normally keep the RPMs relatively low. I haven't timed it.

Edit: I took a picture to be able to read the plate on my pump clearly. The model number is not filled in but it shows 16 ml/revolution (CBN E316) so that puts me at 32lpm or 8.45gpm at max rev (2000 pump RPM) Rob, Check yours out it probably has the same pump. The specs in the book are probably for the CBN E310 pump. I see it listed for other tractor models and specified at 20 l/min or 5.28 gpm.

Last edited:
   / survey: hyd gpm/psi of on-tractor pump-fel #4  
2005 KAMA KM554
I don't know what the rating is and don't have my manual in front of. But I think the pump is 5.6 GPM and I know the relief valve is set at 2,350 psi. This photo shows where I set the rear remote pressure relief.

My Koyker 190 loader speed is adequate as compared to other tractors I've seen. I do wish I had more flow for all the added hydraulic features I've installed on the tractor ... like double the GPM.

/ survey: hyd gpm/psi of on-tractor pump-fel #5  
I have a KAMA TS354C with the original pump, no idea what model. My Koyker 160 has the 2" cylinders and does not appear slow at all. I have a Prince 3 spool valve for FEL and Grapple operation, so I can go extremely slow if needed.

/ survey: hyd gpm/psi of on-tractor pump-fel
Thanks guys, that was what i wanted to know.

Seems like, for the most part, everybody here is using a pump in the 5-9 gpm range. And also seeing sufficient performance.

It's funny... I hear lots of people complain unless their loader pump is in the 13gpm range... guess it is just what they are used to.. etc.

Reason i asked is I'm going to be plumbing a 2nd loader tractor up over the next few weeks. My old fords use a 4.8gpm pump ( 2000 or 2250 psi ) integral pump for the lift etc.

I've found no problems with the speed of the loader.. it does all that i want it to do. Just wanted to hear what others were using.

Soundguy

/ survey: hyd gpm/psi of on-tractor pump-fel #7  
Mine seems to work fine too. 8gpm/2000psi and an AmerEquip NT620 (48 inch)FEL. It's not a monster of a bucket, but it's correctly sized to the tractor. Quite happy, actually. Maybe there is a break point above the 5 foot width range that requires more pump capacity? Let us know how the job goes.

/ survey: hyd gpm/psi of on-tractor pump-fel #8  
Soundguy said:
Thanks guys, that was what i wanted to know.

Seems like, for the most part, everybody here is using a pump in the 5-9 gpm range. And also seeing sufficient performance.

It's funny... I hear lots of people complain unless their loader pump is in the 13gpm range... guess it is just what they are used to.. etc.

Reason i asked is I'm going to be plumbing a 2nd loader tractor up over the next few weeks. My old fords use a 4.8gpm pump ( 2000 or 2250 psi ) integral pump for the lift etc.

I've found no problems with the speed of the loader.. it does all that i want it to do. Just wanted to hear what others were using.

Soundguy
Soundguy, it really is a matter of having the proper components to do the job. I've seen some tractors that have bigger pumps not come up with as impressive of lifts on loaders as smaller systems. I've also seen it wood splitters and many other systems. They do have to be balanced from pumps, hoses, cylinders and the valves.