Mowing Suspension seat

/ Suspension seat #1  

sbohan

Bronze Member
Tractor
L3700SU Kubota
Morning all,

After about 5 hours yesterday mowing and barely being able to get out of bed this AM. I've determined, maybe a suspension seat will be invaluable on the highly rutted up very bumpy fields. Any suggestions? The L3700 is not very large and some I've seen online seem too large. Any suggestions? Maybe just a suspension air or spring under the existing one. Thoughts? Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean

/ Suspension seat #2  
   / Suspension seat #3  
Morning all,

After about 5 hours yesterday mowing and barely being able to get out of bed this AM. I've determined, maybe a suspension seat will be invaluable on the highly rutted up very bumpy fields. Any suggestions? The L3700 is not very large and some I've seen online seem too large. Any suggestions? Maybe just a suspension air or spring under the existing one. Thoughts? Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean

Unless I miss my guess, you already have one. Mine was frozen down, as Teg's link shows.

Sean

/ Suspension seat #4  
Yep, you got one, it just dont work, yet, Fluid film, or PB Blaster for a few days, then tilt the seat foward, and stand on the plate, and jump up and down on it for several minutes. when it loosens up adjust the tension with the adjustment screw in the back, to match your weight. see your manual. Mine works well ...now...:thumbsup: Most of them don't work on delivery, as they are rusted shut.

James K0UA

/ Suspension seat
OK I just stared at it for a long time, and it is possible I'm totally missing it; but mine on the L3700 SU, has a bracket bolted to the hydraulics, and a slide on that which the slide hinges at the front so it will tilt forward, and the back has about a 1" sprint and aswitch for the operator presence control. That's it from what I can see. Where should I look?

/ Suspension seat #6  
OK I just stared at it for a long time, and it is possible I'm totally missing it; but mine on the L3700 SU, has a bracket bolted to the hydraulics, and a slide on that which the slide hinges at the front so it will tilt forward, and the back has about a 1" sprint and aswitch for the operator presence control. That's it from what I can see. Where should I look?

Ok, in the attached pic is a view of the rear of the seat base on my L3400, which is very similar to your L3700. The yellow arrow points to the T-handle to adjust the tension of the springs (shown with red arrows), the green arrows show the pivot points (there are actually 4, only 2 in this pic) that usually seize solid, you can actually see some of the rust that ran out of the pivots. Mine never moved from new, it was almost a year old before I discovered it wasn't working. Huge difference with it working, my back doesn't hurt after a day of tractor work now.

Does yours look like this from the back?

If so, the whole seat base, including the small coil springs, OPS, seat belt anchors, etc is suspended. Mine was frozen down, as I suspect yours is if you do have one (almost 100% sure you do). I had to insert a small crowbar in the area between the blue lines and pry the seat up, then jump up and down on the seat base with both feet while holding on to the ROPS to get it to go back down.

Once it moved a few times I kept spraying it with Fluid Film, and it finally moved freely. No problems since.

Sean

Attachments

• susp seat with arrows.jpg
    susp seat with arrows.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 342
   / Suspension seat #7  
Great pix, and illustration Sean.. this should be a sticky in the Kubota forum, there are so many of these things not working upon delivery, and the guys don't even know they have one.

James K0UA

/ Suspension seat #8  
Thanks,

After getting pounded a few times bush-cutting some fields we have, it's a lot easier on me with the seat working the way it should.

Sean

/ Suspension seat #9  
...a slide on that which the slide hinges at the front so it will tilt forward, and the back has about a 1" sprint and a switch for the operator presence control... Where should I look?
Just below that!!! Look from the back of the tractor, just above the red cap for hydraulic oil fill...

...and the ride will be like Night vs. Day!!!

/ Suspension seat
Great pic, makes a lot of sense, but alas, mine does not have that assembly, springs, or handle, there's nothing under there :-( Not on my '10 L3700SU