Swamp People - Alligator Hunting

/ Swamp People - Alligator Hunting #11  
Where's PETA when you need them? There's something very disturbing about this show. The gators are just minding their own business hunting in the swamp as they have been doing for millions of years. Why is it morally OK for humans to catch them on swallowed hooks (which must be horribly painful), shoot them in the head and then skin them. Who is more savage, the gators or the neanderthals who slaughter them?

/ Swamp People - Alligator Hunting #12  
Where's PETA when you need them? There's something very disturbing about this show. The gators are just minding their own business hunting in the swamp as they have been doing for millions of years. Why is it morally OK for humans to catch them on swallowed hooks (which must be horribly painful), shoot them in the head and then skin them. Who is more savage, the gators or the neanderthals who slaughter them?

It sounds like you are against people fishing whether it is for fish or reptiles. There are millions of American fishermen who will disagree with you. And you have to admit, it is a little more sporting to catch a 1000 pound gator than it is to get a 3 pound bass. The gator definitely has a better chance of winning.

If gator hunting wasn't allowed in our area it would be unsafe to go out in your yard. There are thousands more gators out there now than there were when I was a kid.

/ Swamp People - Alligator Hunting
If I could only buy some tags for talk radio hosts my life would have meaning. :laughing:

On the "tree hugger side" from what I have read LA alligator management is a model for bringing back a species from near extinction to A** deep in alligators.

As soon as the gators start being concerned with how a raccoon feels about being swallowed alive I might have more empathy.

So what I am hearing is this show is all BS like the rest? Darn, it is one of the few shows I can stand watching anymore. Too bad as I believe there is an audience for shows detailing how another culture lives.

Shoot em Liz!

/ Swamp People - Alligator Hunting #14  
If I could only buy some tags for talk radio hosts my life would have meaning. :laughing:

On the "tree hugger side" from what I have read LA alligator management is a model for bringing back a species from near extinction to A** deep in alligators.

As soon as the gators start being concerned with how a raccoon feels about being swallowed alive I might have more empathy.

So what I am hearing is this show is all BS like the rest? Darn, it is one of the few shows I can stand watching anymore. Too bad as I believe there is an audience for shows detailing how another culture lives.

Shoot em Liz!

It's like all reality shows, more entertainment than reality. But, like you i find it most entertaining!

You misunderstood my comments.

I love PETA, any organization who frequently places young naked women in shopping malls and roadway intersections has my full support.

Seriously, as an apex animal we have an obligation to question our motives when it comes to killing.

/ Swamp People - Alligator Hunting #17  
Dang stick is a pole with a tiny chanber on the end and is spring loaded and you put a 12 gauge shotshell in it and when you push it onto whatever it trigger is and fires the shell. They use it shark fishing and some guys use it gator hunting.

As for the .22 vs shotshells may be a money thing as they look like they live on a tight budget. 25 shotshells $6, 500 .22 bullets $14
The calibers available are: (1)- 22 cal magnum (2)- 223 cal (3)- 38 cal (4)- 357 magnum (5)- 44 magnum (6)- 410/45 cal (7)- 12 guage.

/ Swamp People - Alligator Hunting #18  
You misunderstood my comments.

I love PETA, any organization who frequently places young naked women in shopping malls and roadway intersections has my full support.

Seriously, as an apex animal we have an obligation to question our motives when it comes to killing.
Dear Sir: I am somewhat confused in regards to your statement. "Seriously, as an apex animal we have an obligation to question our motives when it comes to killing" especially intrigues me. Are you a vegetarian? Have you ever consumed beef, pork, chicken, rabbit, quail, venison, dove; etc? Have you ever eaten a ham for Christmas or a Turkey for Thanksgiving? Or have you ever enjoyed a hot dog or hamburger cooked on a grill at a picnic or celebration? Have you ever had or bought anything made of leather? Last, but not least, have you ever eaten alligator meat. If not, perhaps you may find it delicious. I enjoy alligator meat cut into small cubes and deep fried in peanut oil. Just a thought?

Dear Confused,

My comment leans more to self-introspection then table fare. The best example I can think of is hunting partners. Most of us have had the displeasure of taking to the field with someone who shoots everything that moves. The fact we can kill other living creatures doesn't mean we should.

/ Swamp People - Alligator Hunting #20  
Dear Confused,

My comment leans more to self-introspection then table fare. The best example I can think of is hunting partners. Most of us have had the displeasure of taking to the field with someone who shoots everything that moves. The fact we can kill other living creatures doesn't mean we should.
I understand the part about having hunting partners such as those you described.

Last edited: