Tires Sweaty Tires

/ Sweaty Tires #11  
Toolguy, have you got photos (close up) of your forks for your bucket?

I'm looking at making a pair for my 7800 but would like to see different options on attachment ideas. Your's look pretty solid! I have HUGE piles of brush that I will have to move this spring.

/ Sweaty Tires #13  
I get quite a bit of condensation as well. There can sometimes be some pretty nice size puddles if the weather is right. The first time it happened I thought I had a leak in one of the tires.

I can't say I've ever seen a condensation line across mine though. I am going to look a little closer next time it happens.

/ Sweaty Tires
Taiser, The forks are made out of 4" channel iron. Along the back of the bucket I put a 1.5" x 3" tube with tabs welded on the ends and then bolted to the side of the bucket. The channel iron is welded to the tube and bolted to the bucket just behind the cutting edge. The forks extend out from the bucket 24". The uprites are 3" channel and are bolted to the top edge of the bucket with welded on tabs. The 2 x4s along the top of the bucket were a quick way to add more capacity and to keep stuff from falling on the tractor hood. They work good and are lightweight. Some angle iron and expanded metal would look better, though. All the bolts are 7/16". Overall, I think it matches the capacity of the tractor very well. The last pictures shows the burnpile I made from the brush and junk wood behind my house.

Attachments

• IMG_2069 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2069 (Medium).JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2072 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2072 (Medium).JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2082 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2082 (Medium).JPG
    89 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2091 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2091 (Medium).jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2090 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2090 (Medium).JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 152
   / Sweaty Tires #15  
awww wooooood what a terrable thing to waste. yes i burn wood yes i have an outdoor wood burner yes i love it and save a fork load of money aualy about $2500-3500 / year is what i save so it is paying for itself in 3 years i have had it for 3 years now