Swimming Pool Cleaner

/ Swimming Pool Cleaner #1  

jph_in_Bama

Tractor
2002 Kubota BX2200
I am looking at having to buy a automatic pool cleaner this spring. When I bought the house it came with a 20' x 40' inground pool and a Polaris pool cleaner with its own pump. Well we got to use it for one year and the liner had to be replaced and now the Polaris is worn out. I have been looking at all the different models/manufactures and there is a wide price range. I cannot find any product comparisons on the net anywhere? Any of you folks have specific brands and models that you can tell me how well it works and how much you paid for it? There is a whole bunch of Polaris models and I dont know which is better than which. I would consider any other brands. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

/ Swimming Pool Cleaner #2  
I had a Kreepy Krauly unit. Worked OK - Be sure to keep the strainer cleaned out.

/ Swimming Pool Cleaner #3  
we used a kreepy Krauly also. If you have a Leslie pool store near you, or look Leslie up on the web. Leslie has or at least use to. a lot of info on various cleaning systems

/ Swimming Pool Cleaner #4  
POOL!, POOL! Well we have been luckly to get over 35deg up north, and your talking pools. MAN, I HAVE to move! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Swimming Pool Cleaner
Yeah I know what you mean, these 58-63 degree days are for the birds! I need warm weather!!
LOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Swimming Pool Cleaner #6  
I have a Polaris and like it. I rebuilt it last year with a kit from Pinch a Penny pool supply. I don't remember the price of the kit, but it was a lot cheaper than buying a new Polaris and it was easy to rebuild.

/ Swimming Pool Cleaner #7  
I'm using a Kreepy Krawly and ... I'm almost happy with it ... except for the fact that the skirt has a one year warranty and lasted 13 months .... best price I found for a replacement was $65. Ouch!
Cold is interfering with getting my pool back in operation ... new heater is finally ready for final hookup ... but propane is $1.60/gal here right now ... can't imagine what it'll cost to get the pool back to "operating temp" (-10F here this morning)

pete