Swisher 60 trailmower belt size

/ Swisher 60 trailmower belt size #1  

tttanker

Tractor
swisher 60" trail 721 grasshopper
Replacing drive belt (engine to deck) on a T 1360 B1 L1 02-050091 and new one I bought is definently too small. Engine tries to turn blades when starting. Got a Swisher part # ( 644) on line and went to farm store that sells swisher and bought a 1/2 X 44 " belt.( belt is marked 1/2 X 44) They didn't have a swisher brand belt. Double-checked belt routing and belt guides and it all looks proper. It was really tight going on so I fingered something wasn't right. Belt engagement pulley isn't even touching belt yet. Thought maybe I looked up wrong number from Swisher or some swisher T 1360's use larger belts. Bought mower new five or so years ago so I know pulleys haven't been changed. Called the store and they say go to a 45" belt. Guess that's what I'll do . Just curious if I have the right belt number and maybe Swisher belts are just different. It's 5/8" thick and I think that is what the 644 is. Thank you

/ Swisher 60 trailmower belt size
Bought a 2" larger belt ( 46" instead of 44") and it was snug but after running a few minutes it works fine.

/ Swisher 60 trailmower belt size #3  
Grrr..
Tried a 45 and a 46 and can't even get them on.
Funny,cause old belt lined up right next to 45" looked perfect.
Everything is routed right,guess i' m goin back and forth till it's right.