Switched!!!

/ Switched!!! #1  

Spiffy

Veteran Member
Tractor
PT2445; several ag machines and classics
Actually, this should be posted in several older threads, but I liked my title so much, I had to start a new one.

Anyway, it's been all sorts of updates for the PT in the last week. My 2445 came with the manifold heater coil and a switch , but I didn't install the heater until this winter and the switch until last week (yes the pix of that too need to be retaken).

With the last of the snow I switched the machine to it's trailer home and the ROPS back to it's home firmly bolted to the PT instead of the garage floor.

And finally, my new tool [required to switch tilt bar], gave me the courage to switch the stump cutter! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Since mine has a tapered shaft, I needed to grind the welds and reweld it instead of simply flipping the position. The results:

I had 5 30" stumps to cut; much, much, much better. On the last part of the last stump, it had to prove my welding skills are still rusty, but a few minutes of grinding, then re-rewelding "Round 2" looks like it will hold. The hydrualic switching valve sure came in handy too when I had to chase a few roots with the hoe, then come around with the cutter to finish them off.

Turned cold again, sure happy with the heater switch. Canopy: I was really starting to enjoy the lower profile, but it does keep the sun off, and I know the ROPs are there for safety; and it does look more complete again! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

"Switch" is good!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif