Switches, Lights, and Toolboxes.. oh my.

/ Switches, Lights, and Toolboxes.. oh my. #1  

karatecop

Tractor
LS GX3135
LS Community...I'm running a 2019 XG3135. I'm cheap and broke. But, I'm getting to my roundtuits which includes adding a toolbox, work lights, and upgrading my oem switches. I've read the numerous threads asking about these issues - I've looked at as many tool box and light install videos and posts that I can find, and I've got the link to the OTRATW "L" series switches which has been shared numerous times in this forum. But I'm stumped on a few things. I'd like to get advise before I tear my dash apart and start figuring things out the hard way.

Regarding lights and switches I've got two issues: 1) New add-on switches for work lights and 2) replacement switches for the OEM ones.

1) Want to add a worklight to the front and one to the rear, separate rockers will be used and installed in the knock-outs on the dash. Where are these accessories normally wired to (hot and ground). Do you use relays? Gauge and type of wire?

2) Want to replace the 4 OEM switches (regen, front lights, cruise set, cruise increase/decrease) because the lettering is totally worn off and in the dark I can't for the life of me remember which one is which and end up hitting the regen button to turn my lights on/off. I would like to replace them with lighted rockers that have the OEM look. Does anyone know if any of the rockers switches will replace the factory ones fairly straight out? (number of pins, momentary on/off or flat on/off). I've looked for photos of the parts and other than hand drawn diagrams can't find any - any help?

When it comes to tool boxes- anyone out there find any problems putting it on the right fender? How about the rear, does it get in the way of fuel tank? Plastic vs metal tool boxes? Any sources for brackets - especially ones that may mount to the rear crossmember?

I know it's a lot - but I've got faith in you..

update…. What are these plugs? I think the ones on the back are for worklight on upgraded model, but what’s the other one? Anyone?

Attachments

• 88409362-8114-4751-A1E5-BF6F4BB19088.jpeg
    88409362-8114-4751-A1E5-BF6F4BB19088.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 111
  • 2E62CEBD-DEBA-442C-AB1F-E437D945DC43.jpeg
    2E62CEBD-DEBA-442C-AB1F-E437D945DC43.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
  • A6570538-A9F3-4404-9196-3766ED927DA6.jpeg
    A6570538-A9F3-4404-9196-3766ED927DA6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
   / Switches, Lights, and Toolboxes.. oh my. #2  
Here is a post on the the Traveler lights from Tractor supply I installed and their harness with relay and switches.

/ Switches, Lights, and Toolboxes.. oh my. #3  
My toolbox I added

/ Switches, Lights, and Toolboxes.. oh my.
JCoastie.... I was truly excited when I saw your cell phone case - I thought I'd found my spirit animal. But then I read it was a cell phone case and not a herfador. But you still gave me a great idea since I check out from the phone when I'm on the tractor but truly like a good stogie. I'll be putting a herfador on the ROPS very soon; Throwing in a few Rocky Patels or Olivas and a Boveda pack and rock on.

/ Switches, Lights, and Toolboxes.. oh my. #6  
JCoastie.... I was truly excited when I saw your cell phone case - I thought I'd found my spirit animal. But then I read it was a cell phone case and not a herfador. But you still gave me a great idea since I check out from the phone when I'm on the tractor but truly like a good stogie. I'll be putting a herfador on the ROPS very soon; Throwing in a few Rocky Patels or Olivas and a Boveda pack and rock on.
Could definitely keep a few cubanos in there upright, clean and moist. lol