SX3100, anyone?

/ SX3100, anyone? #11  
I have a John Deere 2520 (nearly the same as the SX3100) and I have the rear tires filled with liquid. I'm not sure what kind of soil or turf you are mowing, but you will likely find that it's the front tires that do the most damage.

The loaded rear tires add a great deal of stability to the tractor, especially with the FEL. I have no problem with the rear tires causing damage to the turf. Of course, if it's too wet, they will leave R4 prints in the softer areas.

If you intend to use the FEL frequently, I would consider filling the rear tires and adding a ballast box to the rear.

/ SX3100, anyone? #12  
another consideration is foam filling not as heavy as rimguard but if you use in areas of tire abuse its an option
my sc2400 the tires from the factory are only 2 ply rated at 55o lbs go figure the sb54 is heavy the loader is 400lbs can lift about 750 or thereabouts is what you can get in for dirt add that up tires failed at 500hrs
got new ones and as many flats and as much curb abuse (snow removal accts I have to climb curbs at times daily) I filled the new tires with foam, adds about 50lbs to front tires takes most of the suspension or bounce out (a really not nice thing) but they never go flat again
the rimguard in the rear was the bomb as far as I am concerned added a lot of weight still has the same bounce

/ SX3100, anyone? #13  
Looked at a SX3100 today. How does it compare on $$ vs. a JD 2720? Tractor for tractor the are almost the same machine. The loaders are quite a bit different. Looks like the Deere loader is easier to take off and the bucket too.

Really would like to know the price difference between the two.

/ SX3100, anyone?
Looked at a SX3100 today. How does it compare on $$ vs. a JD 2720? Tractor for tractor the are almost the same machine. The loaders are quite a bit different. Looks like the Deere loader is easier to take off and the bucket too.

Really would like to know the price difference between the two.

My SX3100 is a 2010 model, and I paid cash, so I got a reduced price for those two conditions. IIRC, the dealer told me a 2011, paid for in cash, would be about $19,000. I think there's still an ongoing deal where you can get either 0% financing or a free FEL, if you haven't heard of that already.

No knocks on JD, but during my research leading up to a tractor purchase, I got the distinct impression you paid a premium for the JD name (as well as for Kubota and New Holland). In fact, my dealer, who also sells NH and Mahindra, told me that currently their best seller is the CCY 2450, by a considerable margin. The SX3100 is quite popular in the NE. Anyway, I opted to get more tractor for the price from a lesser-known manufacturer, but that's not without its risks.

/ SX3100, anyone? #15  
I've got an SX3100 with loader and mmm for sale......2.2 hours, full warranty started 12/15/2011 transfers. I've got pics if interested. Perfect tractor! Also can sell a 72" KK brush hog or a bush hog flail mower with it.
PM me for details.