Sync Problems In Ford Products

/ Sync Problems In Ford Products #1  

atsah

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 3025E
What is with the navigation on these things. It takes me three to four tries or it wont do it at all to put an address into it, maybe mine needs an update or are they all junk? Anyone else not like the way it works? It could be it was designed by Microsoft that's the problem..

Also the phone always dials the last call that I called when I start the car, I just shut the stupid thing off..

/ Sync Problems In Ford Products #2  
The Sync3 in my '18 F150 works great. Probably one of the best at recognizing voice commands of anything I've driven. Wife's Honda is useless for voice command, never recognizes anything.

If it's still in warranty, might be worth a looksie by the dealer.

/ Sync Problems In Ford Products
2014 and out of warranty, I will call them to see what they say..

/ Sync Problems In Ford Products #4  
The Sync3 in my '18 F150 works great. Probably one of the best at recognizing voice commands of anything I've driven. Wife's Honda is useless for voice command, never recognizes anything.

If it's still in warranty, might be worth a looksie by the dealer.

I have a 2018 F150 with sync 3 and completely agree. Previous versions sync were not nearly as good for me.

My cousin has an 18 F-150 and the only complaint he has with it is it has trouble connecting to his phone now and again..

/ Sync Problems In Ford Products #6  
2014 F-150 with 8 inch screen right? It's called my ford touch. There have been several software updates since 2014 for that system. You can download free software updates from fordowner.com if you create a free account. Upload to truck using usb flashdrive. Make sure flashdrive is wiped and formatted and has at least 5 meg of storage. It's a big file and truck has to be running in park during update which may take 30 minutes with nav. Before you resync your phone update it as well and reboot it afterwards.

2014 F-150 with 8 inch screen right? It's called my ford touch. There have been several software updates since 2014 for that system. You can download free software updates from fordowner.com if you create a free account. Upload to truck using usb flashdrive. Make sure flashdrive is wiped and formatted and has at least 5 meg of storage. It's a big file and truck has to be running in park during update which may take 30 minutes with nav. Before you resync your phone update it as well and reboot it afterwards.

Okay thanks, I'll get in there tomorrow and check it out..

/ Sync Problems In Ford Products #8  
Have patience it takes a while to download too. Sync 3 is wifi based but the old my ford system is manual updates. But at least they are no charge unlike other oems.

Have patience it takes a while to download too. Sync 3 is wifi based but the old my ford system is manual updates. But at least they are no charge unlike other oems.

Okay I just uploaded the update and unzipped it and then sent it to my pen drive, I'll install it in the am, thanks a lot..

/ Sync Problems In Ford Products #10  
Okay I just uploaded the update and unzipped it and then sent it to my pen drive, I'll install it in the am, thanks a lot..

The install takes some time, and I found it easiest to do on a long drive. It reboots the system several times during the install, going to a blank screen for minutes, so be patient as it does it's thing.
I have My Ford Touch on my 2013 but I purposely omitted the Nav when I ordered mine. Overall I love the system and have no issues with connecting my phone or voice prompts.