Synthetic fuels

/ Synthetic fuels #1  

tyr382

Tractor
Non
Anyone know detail info on these so called synthetic fuels or as some call it E-fuels ?
If ya don’t know what I’m on about watch these vids

Synthetic Fuels Complement E-Mobility - MAHLE & Porsche - YouTube

How CO2 Could Be The Future Of Fuel | VICE on HBO - YouTube

Basically it’s carbon capture but combination of hydrogen can create a clean burning high octane fuel.

Most argue the fact that the energy needs for this is far greater then then output, but with small modular reactors becoming more of a reality, then air to fuel production is more then possible but profitable.
Personally I haven’t been this excited since the 56k modem was released.
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?
My question is what quality fuels will we be seeing from this. They are already looking at running formula 1 on E fuels but they haven’t stated what kind

/ Synthetic fuels #2  
sounds like ethanol to me

/ Synthetic fuels
No nothing like ethanol

Unlike ethanol, synthetic fuels or “blue crude” are made from capturing Co2 from the atmosphere and bonding it was hydrogen making it a liquid carbon based fuel.
This is nothing like bio fuels where it’s made form agricultural products. In fact, this is going to put a end to bio fuels and the whole decision of whether a farmer has to produce to make food or fuel.
There will be no need for bio fuels.

Audi came up with the whole blue crude years ago, but after the whole Diesel gate scandal, blue crude just vanished. But now carbon engineering claim they can extract a ton of carbon for less then $100, I think this is something that is heading in the right direction.

/ Synthetic fuels #4  
Thanks for the post, very interesting. I would like to know the costs involved. Seems to me something like this would explode on to the market and it isn't. Why?

/ Synthetic fuels #5  
I have that saved in my playlist to watch. I would assume it's not a big hit on the market because it cost more. There's a lot of technology out there that can't get going because it cost more than the old way. No market for it no quick money to be made. No money means it dies.

/ Synthetic fuels #6  
Many years ago I was involved in a project to convert landfill methane into diesel fuel, the idea was sound and it proved out but it was not economically feasible.
Also the paraffin produced was hard to cleanup it held much of the catalyst in it, the fuel was excellent just quite expensive to produce.

/ Synthetic fuels #7  
Anyone know detail info on these so called synthetic fuels or as some call it E-fuels ?
If ya don’t know what I’m on about watch these vids

Synthetic Fuels Complement E-Mobility - MAHLE & Porsche - YouTube

How CO2 Could Be The Future Of Fuel | VICE on HBO - YouTube

Basically it’s carbon capture but combination of hydrogen can create a clean burning high octane fuel.

Most argue the fact that the energy needs for this is far greater then then output, but with small modular reactors becoming more of a reality, then air to fuel production is more then possible but profitable.
Personally I haven’t been this excited since the 56k modem was released.
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?
My question is what quality fuels will we be seeing from this. They are already looking at running formula 1 on E fuels but they haven’t stated what kind

Neither tell me much about what the fuel actually is. First is a very good simulation. Second is good about carbon capture but nothing about the fuel.

Ralph

/ Synthetic fuels
The key question here is energy. What is the energy input to the energy output, and also the process has to be either renewable energy or nuclear.
But if you see the huge advancements that are underway with small modular reactors where not only will they be used for power production, but you will start to see modular reactors made for industrial use such as water desalination, carbon capture, co2 concrete production and so on.

/ Synthetic fuels
Neither tell me much about what the fuel actually is. First is a very good simulation. Second is good about carbon capture but nothing about the fuel.

Ralph

I agree that’s what I was hoping to find out more
Iv contacted carbon engineering with that question and still waiting for a response.
For what Iv been reading, they can basically make what ever octane fuel they want. mahle I beleave was working along side with carbon engineering with there 911 test car.

Other companies like sunfire have there own way with what they call blue crude, and are working along side with Audi and continental, where they have there own fuel systems.