Synthetic Oil in G1900 diesel

/ Synthetic Oil in G1900 diesel #1  

JCK

Tractor
Kubota G1900
Is there anything wrong with using synthetic oil such as Mobil1 10W-30 in my G1900 diesel? It has 1400 hrs. on it.

/ Synthetic Oil in G1900 diesel #2  
If you're in a warm climate , that oil's too thin . Even so , you should
be using a diesel engine oil . 10w/30 Mob is for modern/new engines,
not well used mini-diesel threes. Diesel oil has additives ( eg. higher zinc )
that aid worn piston rings , valve actuation , soot suspension,
but bare in mind that overall cooling is not
too good in small tractors , so the oil will be really hot .
As an example , I use this ;

HPR DIESEL 15 - Penrite Oil

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/pis_pdfs/HPR DIESEL 15 MAR 2010.pdf

I change the oil ( $15 ) every 50 hours , and the filter every 100. This keeps me happy that an
expensive engine gets good , functioning lubrication . Kubota's service intervals are waaaay too
long . 400hrs for trans oil ! They must be joking . I change at 150.
Too many manufacturers think that they gain respect by suggesting that their product goes
longer between service than the competition . Oils are cheap ; equipment isn't !

Last edited:
   / Synthetic Oil in G1900 diesel #3  
What about the Rotella 10w30 synthetic Diesel Engine oil? I want to change my BX1860 to Synthetic when it gets to 50 hrs.

/ Synthetic Oil in G1900 diesel #4  
IMHO, less unforeseen issues, the regular Rotella 15w-40 and regular changes should put your Kubota engine outlasting everything else on the mower.

/ Synthetic Oil in G1900 diesel
So you recommend Rotella 15W-40 vs 10W-30 that the manual says to use in a G1900?

/ Synthetic Oil in G1900 diesel #7  
I wouldn't waste the money on synthetic, as said above the engine will probibly outlast the tractor anyway.

/ Synthetic Oil in G1900 diesel #8  
I've got a Boomer 1025 factory fill was 10w30, When I done the 50 hr service I used 10w30/30 Amsoil Formula 4-Stroke® 10W-30/SAE 30 Synthetic Small Engine Oil. I use it in all my small engines. Good tuff oil.
If your manual says 10w30, I see no problem using that grade. Just make sure it's Diesel Rated.
I switched to all synthetic oils years ago.
My engine oil & filter gets changes every fall.