T-handle Clamp Bolt for Bucket-mount Projects - where to buy?

/ T-handle Clamp Bolt for Bucket-mount Projects - where to buy? #1  

Colonel Monk

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2250
Howdy

on these debris forks by Northern tool, they have the T-handle clamp. See LINK: Load-Quip Steel Debris Forks — 1400-Lb. Capacity, Model# 29211774 | Bucket Accessories| Northern Tool + Equipment

Does anyone know if there's something commercially available that includes the swivel pad at the bottom?

Can fabricate it I suppose but was curious if there's a source.

McMaster Carr has "replacement swivel pads" for C-clamps but they require a ball end. They also have "mounting feet" that are threaded female for threaded rod, but generally the bottom of those is smooth and "non-serrated" like the one used on those debris forks.

I've got about 15 projects I want to do for bucket-mounted implements and I know for a fact the old man will **** a brick if I drill holes in his bucket. For the record, I'm not a high school kid (though at 45, I'm told I sometimes act like one) but it's "his" tractor and so I constantly have to worry about his nonstop worry that I'll break it. :laughing:

So the plan is to use both clamps and chain/chain binders to retain the implements.

One the projects I'm going to do with my new welder is probably build those exact debris forks, in theory anyway, for our tractor.

So if you know of anything or have come up with your own solution, let me know. Pictures are welcome too.

CM

/ T-handle Clamp Bolt for Bucket-mount Projects - where to buy? #2  
Go to a Pawn Shop, buy two big C clamps, cut the sliding pin and make it look like Northern's

10DW16_AS01.JPG
31081_4_700x700.jpg

Or get an adjustable foot.
395A075B15A68BDD0B963CEF7A375BDD.jpg
AF-5012100.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...3.0....0...1ac.1.58.img..9.6.2316.wZg-4E5Vhpo

/ T-handle Clamp Bolt for Bucket-mount Projects - where to buy?
Your C-Clamp idea isn't half bad.

I kinda wanted to use an ACME thread anyway because that's what it's for, and good heavy duty clamps use acme.

I've spec'd mounting feet many times, the female-threaded type would work well, but most of the time they are smooth and for the size screw I'll use, they'll be quite big around. Not that it's a problem per se. But when you figure the surface area of the foot, the bigger the foot the more the clamping force is spread out. This might have an effect of reducing the friction which causes it to stay put.

Overthinking, yes, it's what I do for a living so it comes natural :laughing:

Might just try my friend's idea on the other thread (there are 3, the site wasn't working well this morning) and do a 5/8" rod without a foot, but I'd probably put a locknut on it with a handle to keep it from loosening.

CM

/ T-handle Clamp Bolt for Bucket-mount Projects - where to buy? #4  
Or a 5/8 bolt, with the head being the foot.

Use a wrench on the foot/head to tighten it.

/ T-handle Clamp Bolt for Bucket-mount Projects - where to buy? #5  
For a flat head to clamp with, you could use a plow bolt

PlowBoltsL.jpg

or an elevator bolt

ElevatorBoltsL.jpg

if you can get them in a useful size.

Or just weld a pad on the end of a regular bolt, after you run it through the nut.

Bruce

I like both of those ideas, simple.... I suppose I'd just watch them for wanting to loosen up, since any wiggling on the implement would tend to loosen the bolt. If that's an issue, a nut welded to a plate would make a good hand-operated locknut.

Your C-Clamp idea isn't half bad.

I kinda wanted to use an ACME thread anyway because that's what it's for, and good heavy duty clamps use acme.

I've spec'd mounting feet many times, the female-threaded type would work well, but most of the time they are smooth and for the size screw I'll use, they'll be quite big around. Not that it's a problem per se. But when you figure the surface area of the foot, the bigger the foot the more the clamping force is spread out. This might have an effect of reducing the friction which causes it to stay put.

Overthinking, yes, it's what I do for a living so it comes natural :laughing:

Might just try my friend's idea on the other thread (there are 3, the site wasn't working well this morning) and do a 5/8" rod without a foot, but I'd probably put a locknut on it with a handle to keep it from loosening.

CM

/ T-handle Clamp Bolt for Bucket-mount Projects - where to buy? #8  
Buy Acme threaded rod and nuts and make your own. That's what I did when I made some tall jack stands. The acme threaded rod was on sale at Enco, IRC, for $12 for 36", which I immediately cut in half to make two 18" pieces.

A one inch diameter 36" length of acme threaded rod would make several clamps like what you want.

Good luck.

/ T-handle Clamp Bolt for Bucket-mount Projects - where to buy? #9  
call Northern or the company that makes the forks and order them from parts,

/ T-handle Clamp Bolt for Bucket-mount Projects - where to buy? #10  
here is another possibility

Tractor Bucket Hitch Receiver

use two of them and then you would have a method for a number of different type of attachments using one set of clamps, may book mark this link my self for getting one for a ball hitch on the bucket.