T1760 Lawn Tractor Mower Problem

/ T1760 Lawn Tractor Mower Problem #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
I might have the lawn tractor model number wrong, but is my best recollection.

My lawn tractor at my cottage has worked well for decades.

The grass has not been mowed in a couple of weeks and is now significantly overdue.

Today when I tried to engage the mowing lever, the mower would not start the blades as usual. Nothing happened.

The belt is good, and the pulleys seem ok from what I could initially see.

The main cable connecting the mower lever to the idler pulley works as intended.

One thing that is obviously something wrong is a second much smaller cable also connected to the same mower engagement lever is no longer connected to anything. It most likely broke from old age.

Does anyone know what this smaller cable is supposed to be connected to, and what it does?

Any other ideas of why the mower will not engage when intended?

TIA

Yooper Dave

/ T1760 Lawn Tractor Mower Problem #2  
Likely the brake cable which pulls the pad away

/ T1760 Lawn Tractor Mower Problem #3  
I might have the lawn tractor model number wrong, but is my best recollection.

My lawn tractor at my cottage has worked well for decades.

The grass has not been mowed in a couple of weeks and is now significantly overdue.

Today when I tried to engage the mowing lever, the mower would not start the blades as usual. Nothing happened.

The belt is good, and the pulleys seem ok from what I could initially see.

The main cable connecting the mower lever to the idler pulley works as intended.

One thing that is obviously something wrong is a second much smaller cable also connected to the same mower engagement lever is no longer connected to anything. It most likely broke from old age.

Does anyone know what this smaller cable is supposed to be connected to, and what it does?

Any other ideas of why the mower will not engage when intended?

TIA

Yooper Dave

Could you confirm the tractor model number and maybe post some photos of the things you described.

Richard

/ T1760 Lawn Tractor Mower Problem
Could you confirm the tractor model number and maybe post some photos of the things you described.

Richard
Sorry - cottage is out of town and I am in the middle of moving. I do think I have the model number correct though.

Thanks

Yooper Dave