T273 Alternator fuse

/ T273 Alternator fuse #11  
I good some great advise from members of this website so I thought I'll pass on some myself.
I have had some issues with the 'EG STO, PTO' fuse blowing constantly on ignition and I finally traced it to the brake/brake light switch, under the brake pedal. This has been replaced once before under warranty so now I decided to open it up, considering it is probably blown and it is a sealed unit so not serviceable. I found the contacts pretty worn and the plastic between the contacts melted in places. What I did to get me going; solder wire to contacts in order to bridge the contacts normally on when brakes are applied and hey presto, working fine! Only issue with this is the brake lights are permanently on but my tractor is only used on our property so no road driving.
I didn't want to keep spending money every year or so on a new switch so this has solved it for me!
If anyone else out there needs advice on how to open; I tapped it with a hammer several times around the rim, where sealed part with wires joins the housing and it fell apart after 5-6 blows (housing didn't even break), removed the centre component (switch nipple protruding at top of housing) got some copper wire and soldered the opposite terminals, alternatively, if not soldering, tie the copper wire around the springy terminals and tighten with pliers! I then replaced the housing, without the centre component, insulated with some electricians tape and refitted.
The 7.5 amp fuse in question (TYM T273 HST) is the 3rd one down in the row of 3 only marked 'EG STOP, PTY'.
It is a bit overprotective for a brake light switch to disable your whole tractor but I guess it it due to safety reasons.
Kind Regards,
Sascha