T5C Hydraulic oil drain plug?

/ T5C Hydraulic oil drain plug? #1  

PatLan

Tractor
Terramite T5C
So today I decided to change the hydraulic oil in my newly acquired T5C. I can't find a drain plug or valve to empty the tank.

I finally took off the hydraulic filter to drain the oil. Am I missing a plug somewhere? Looks to me like draining it this way leaves 1/2" or so of old oil but I can't find a plug in the bottom of the tank

Also does anyone have any maintance information on the T5C. Like pictures or drawings showing where drain plugs, grease zerks etc. are located? I think I have seen everything on the Terramite website.

Thanks
Pat

/ T5C Hydraulic oil drain plug? #3  
I am sure someone will be able to help you.

/ T5C Hydraulic oil drain plug? #5  
I don't think there is one. Im pretty sure that is how i changed the oil in my machine also. I may be wrong though its been a couple of years.

I believe the parts manual has a breakdown of where the zerks are.

/ T5C Hydraulic oil drain plug? #6  
Should be a plug in the bottom of the tank. Mine is flush with the bottom of the tank with a allen head plug. Could be that there is dirt and oil hiding the plug from plain view.

/ T5C Hydraulic oil drain plug? #7  
Here's a chart of Zerk fittings on my T5C I printed up and laminated and pasted to the inside of the engine compartment.

Front suspension & steering 9

Loader 12

Outriggers 6

Boom swing 6

Gas pedal 1

Hoe controls 2

Engine compartment 5

Boom 11

Total 52

Last edited:
   / T5C Hydraulic oil drain plug?
Thanks for the help.

I cleaned the bottom of the oil tank. No plug. Called Terramite and they confirmed on my 98 model T5C there is no oil plug. You drain it by removing the hydraulic filter. I didn't think to ask them if other year models had a plug.

After I drained it there was about 3/4" of oil left in the tank. I used a gear oil pump the suck about two more quarts out.

Thanks for the zerk fitting list.

Now I need to get started on my missing diesel fuel filter problem and get some leaking cylinders rebuilt.

/ T5C Hydraulic oil drain plug? #9  
OK good luck on the cylinder rebuild. I have finished 4 of mine - 2 outriggers, front & rear curl. As others have said, not that bad a job. Two tricks I learned; taking the nut off the piston once you get the thing apart was easy by holding the cylinder in a big bench vise and then using the breaker bar (1/2" drive) with a 2' length of pipe extension on the handle. Also, I finally made a spanner wrench by cutting a large washer in half, welding on pins and and a handle. Wow, is it easy to get that wire retainer out with the right tool.

I found 2 more zerks so the correct total is now 52 (on mine anyway) I'll try to post an updated chart later.

/ T5C Hydraulic oil drain plug?
Was wondering where you bought your seals? Did you get a kit or individual pieces. Did they include the retaining wire? How much do they cost?

Your homemade spanner sounds neat. Did it fit all of the different cylinders?

So many questions about my new toy!

Thanks