T80 crawler

/ T80 crawler
Was down to the JD dealership yesterday and spoke with one of the sales guys and picked up some lit on the T80.

From what I was told, no official relationship between JD and Yanmar for these machines but Yanmar is making a push with JD dealers as there has been a long term relationship via the Yanmar built JD's. Was told the engine and trans for the T80 was the same as used on the JD 5xxx tractors so JD dealers already have some parts and shop experience with the equipment.

The T80 has a turbo 4cyl engine of 3.3L displacement with 80HP. Sales guy said they sold one of these last week to one of the local nurseries farms for spraying. Very low contract pressure @ 2.9psi. The 3pt lift is rated for 4400 lbs.

The steering wheel steering is very interesting. refer to the pic for a discription of how it all works.

Attachments

• steering.jpg
    steering.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 230
   / T80 crawler #12  
Mickey_Fx said:
Was down to the JD dealership yesterday and spoke with one of the sales guys and picked up some lit on the T80.

Mickey,

What was the price range on T80? I wonder if it would be a practical tractor in steep terrain. The reason I ask is, I have a second home in the NC mountains and the grade is 45deg.+ in places. Seems like using tracks would be better than a 4wd tractor using tires.

/ T80 crawler
Sorry Hobo, I didn't make an enquiry about price as I'm not interested in anything like this. I agree that a track machine would be better on steep inclines. The lit show the machine working in hilly country but nothing like 100% grade.

Try here, http://www.yanmar.com/tractor/dealerlocator.asp?PROCESS=Y&STATES=NC for dealer or dist in NC. They can help you with info on this model.

/ T80 crawler #14  
Does anyone know if the T-80 would work on slopes? Have an attachment that we want to use more on slope conditions in erosion control and landscaping. Any dealers in WI or Illinois?