Table saw / router table combination question

/ Table saw / router table combination question #11  
I like having a rounter next to my table saw blade, in a home made extension to the right. My saw is an old Craftsman 10" contractor's saw, that I added a unifence to and also a second cast iron table (that someone gave me) on the outside of the router area.

The router is mounted to one of several 1/8 inch aluminum plates I turned into bases. Each has a different hole to accomodate different sized bits, up to large raised panel bits.

I routed out a 1/8 area in a piece of micarta I had, that the aluminum base plates drop into. They are held in place by flat head screws countersunk into the aluminum, which thread into tee nuts inserted in the bottom of the micarta piece.

I use a small fence that I clamp to the unifence, and hook my shop vac system to it when routing to collect some of the chips produced.

What I have is similar to what you want to do. Keep in mind that if you want to use a large router bit you will need a large hole in the table extension.

Attached is a picture of what my setup looks like. I really like having the router there...I have a second smaller one to use so I don't have to always take the one in the saw table out and put it back, if I want to do some routing elsewhere. I also made a little set up that allows me to use my electric screw driver to turn the height adjustment knob of the router. Works well and makes me feel high tech... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 650452-tablesaw.JPG
    650452-tablesaw.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 893
   / Table saw / router table combination question #12  
Nice setup Henro. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ Table saw / router table combination question #13  
That looks great. Nice outfeed table. How about some close-ups of the height adjustment stuff? What's even more surprising, not one Kubota orange item to be seen anywhere /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Table saw / router table combination question #14  
Actually Egon, I am still amazed how much nice stuff you create.

/ Table saw / router table combination question
OK everybody, I appreciate all the comments. I guess I was naive and assumed I was the first one to think up a table/saw router table combo...sounds like there are a lot of ready to buy attachments that serve this purpose...before I drill a big hole into my table saw I guess I better check out what already exists.

-EJB

/ Table saw / router table combination question #16  
One thing that's always handy with a tablesaw or cabinet saw is an outfeed table. I had an old double pedastal desk with a good flat top and put my router in the center. Removed the center drawer. I removed the legs from the desk and built a frame from oak lumber to mount it to so the tabletop height matched my cabinet saw table height when on casters. I can move it around the shop as needed, and it works great either as a router table or outfeed table. The formica top surface also is great as an additional glue up table.

/ Table saw / router table combination question #18  
http://www.skilxshop.com/

this thing is what you need, unless you want to build it yourself

skilshop x series they call it.

saw it on i want that, tv show, hgtv.

/ Table saw / router table combination question #19  
This may not help, but I just had to show it. This is my setup. It is a PC 3 1/4 HP router mounted in a cast iron extension wing router table with an Incra router fence. There are a number of woodworking suppliers that sell router inserts for home made tables that will fit with the PC router. All you would need to do is cut/route out the recess for the router and insert. Try looking on Woodcraft's website as a starter.

img32.jpg