"Tactical" Question FEL on steep hill

/ "Tactical" Question FEL on steep hill #51  
Boy, JerryG, that's pretty steep. I have a levee that I mow that is similar. One caution, need to be careful and not starve engine for oil, and it's a good idea to have a full tank of fuel, wouldn't want to run out going up that.

/ "Tactical" Question FEL on steep hill #52  
The real problem is making the loop at the top to come back down. I just have about 8' that is kind of level at the top to turn around. I normally back up and then drive down the last 20' where the tractor is at because there's only about 5' level there. The rest I make circles up, over and then down. Never had any problem with the oil in engine or tranny. If the pickup got out of the fluid in the tranny, I wouldn't have any power to the wheels with my PowerShuttle. I have mowed on one place steeper than that for a neighbor without problems, but I won't do it anymore. The front wheels were so light that it was like there wasn't any weight on them.

/ "Tactical" Question FEL on steep hill #53  
Jerry. Looks very like some areas I do near the lake. Ive measured them at about 29*. I like to test back roll stability by stopping on the hill, lifting the tail wheel about 4" and then seeing how carefully I must take off to keep the front down. Ive got some steeper areas but do them with MMM on BX1500 -- about 40*. Havent fooled with it with the bigger tractors because I dont need to and am worried about significant ground disturbance on the slope.
larry

/ "Tactical" Question FEL on steep hill #54  
   / "Tactical" Question FEL on steep hill #55  
RoyJackson said:
Wow! That's got to be close to 40°
What kind of tires do you have on that tractor, Jerry?
Nothing special just Firestone Field & Road R-1s.

/ "Tactical" Question FEL on steep hill #56  
So SCRich, when you start a thread entitled "How do I turn a spring into a pond?"?