take a peek when installing 2375BH

/ take a peek when installing 2375BH #1  

DrewL

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti
Take a look at the rear plate on the tractor where the backhoe subframe slips into for debris, dirt and rocks. I went to put my backhoe on after brush mowing and it wouldn't slip on far enough to install the two pins. Now, I'll admit it takes a little finesse but after 20 minutes of struggling with this thing I was clearly missing something. I stuck head under there and the plate on the tractor had enough wood chips in there to prevent the subframe from sliding on. Live and learn /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ take a peek when installing 2375BH #2  
Oh silly you! You mean to tell me you never thought about wood chips building up in there? Ha ha ha Mine was full of dirt when I couldn't figure out what was going on the first time! I felt pretty dumb, but then I'd never had a backhoe before. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
John

/ take a peek when installing 2375BH
yeah huh! Like I said , I was missing something.......just took a while to figure it out. Another point about this, I trashed the area I was working on to mount the backhoe. Never again!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ take a peek when installing 2375BH #4  
I just thought I didn't have it quite lined up, although everything "seemed" to be in place, just couldn't quite get the holes lined up to put the pins in. I don't know how long it took me, but I too did some tire spinning before I realized the lip of the mount was packed with dirt. Of course, I was making it worse by pounding it in more trying to get it on! Oh those little irksome lessons. Gotta love 'em.
John

the thought that crossed my mind was to transport this CK30TLB WITHOUT putting the pins in because I was now up against the clock to be somewhere else. Good thing I didn't. That could have been the worst choice ever. I was all lined up but it wasn't going on. I was also frustrated that from the backhoe controls (safely, of course) I couldn't see the location of the front of the subframe /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif..........not necesary when the plate is not FULL of wood chips /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I knew something, something was preventing the hoe from sliding all the way but it took 25 minutes to find it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ take a peek when installing 2375BH #6  
You see....these are "continuing educational experiences" that we all go thru. Just think...you could have been on a "for hire" job & the person paying was watching. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Don't feel to badly.....I've done some pretty dumb things over the years.

Jon

it wasn't dumb..........I just didn't know /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yeah you're right. Imagine if I was a boss on a job and my guys say it took them forever to mount the 2375 because of woodchips. Hopefully I would have given them credit for solving the problem instead of throwing their hands up in the air /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ take a peek when installing 2375BH #8  
I wanted to make sure I didn't lose my draw bar pin, so I put it back in the mount after installing the bh. I didn't pay attention as to how far it went through. The first time I tried to remove the bh was a 30 minute or more experience. I pulled the two pins but I couldn't get the bh mount to come free. Everytime I moved the tractor forward, the bh followed. My wife asked me what the problem was. She said, you put it on so why can't you take it off? I thought I may have bent something and it was stuck. I finally looked at the pin, said a few choice words to myself and the bh was off in under a minute. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Another live and learn.

/ take a peek when installing 2375BH #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wanted to make sure I didn't lose my draw bar pin, so I put it back in the mount after installing the bh. I didn't pay attention as to how far it went through. The first time I tried to remove the bh was a 30 minute or more experience. I pulled the two pins but I couldn't get the bh mount to come free. Everytime I moved the tractor forward, the bh followed. My wife asked me what the problem was. She said, you put it on so why can't you take it off? I thought I may have bent something and it was stuck. I finally looked at the pin, said a few choice words to myself and the bh was off in under a minute. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Another live and learn. )</font>

Ditto...Ditto...Ditto...Ditto...Ditto...Ditto... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif stoped kicked tire...Ditto...Ditto...Ditto...regretting sore toe... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Ditto...Ditto...Ditto...wife not available /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ...Ditto...Ditto...Ditto... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Another lesson well learned! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif