Snow take off toothbar??

/ take off toothbar?? #11  
....................CHIM: What did you do to the bottom to recess the bolt holes.

This one has studs plug welded into the bar. I forget the size of the bar. It's a pretty beefy piece of stainless that I found in a pile. After welding the bottom of the bar was ground smooth. Nuts are on the inside of the bucket.

On my previous tractor the wear edge was tapped. Bolts were inserted from the inside of the bucket and cut off and ground smooth where they came out through the bottom.

Both methods worked well.

/ take off toothbar?? #12  
When it comes to serious digging, my tractor needs all the help it can get when digging in our claycrete soils, and that is when I put the toothbar on.

/ take off toothbar?? #13  
This one has studs plug welded into the bar. I forget the size of the bar. It's a pretty beefy piece of stainless that I found in a pile. After welding the bottom of the bar was ground smooth. Nuts are on the inside of the bucket.

On my previous tractor the wear edge was tapped. Bolts were inserted from the inside of the bucket and cut off and ground smooth where they came out through the bottom.

Both methods worked well.
Thanks CHIM. I am thinking of making or buying one for my LS. The bucket is pretty weak on the bottom and a good thick wear plate would do much for strengthening it up a bit. Both ideas sound workable

/ take off toothbar?? #14  
Yeah the teeth need to come off or you may shovel up blacktop! even when the ground is froze 40" deep i still can scrape out large chunks of lawn...