Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #21  
Having owned a pair of Kubotas that have been trouble-free and hard-working for many years (one bought in 2002; the other in 2005), I have a soft spot for that brand. But the Korean manufacturers, particularly Kioti, are making some outstanding equipment as well. If you like one of their models, no one needs to talk you out of it.

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #22  
Every time I see this thread, I think it is the start to "take me out to the ballgame". Must be the font I use or something. :)

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #23  
Oh you're evil.

I don't know, I'll have to ask the dealer but it's looking like the price difference is about $2k and that gets you 2.5pto horsepower. As much as I would never regret another couple horse when I think about the opportunity cost of that $2k I'm thinking I can likely find more value putting it somewhere else like an implement or maybe even a better seat for someone over 300lbs. I'm not adverse to spending the money, I just want to put it to the best use.

You're still evil though, I gotta think about that. One perk is the dealer doesn't have one so it would be ordered factory fresh vs. on-the-lot-for-3-months fresh.

OK, here's more evil...

Take the cost of each tractor and divide it by the horsepower.... then let us know how that turns out. ;)

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #24  
I'm a Kubota guy and that's just the way it is. No apologies here...

I suggest you look at total cost of ownership, including depreciation. Pick a prior model of several brands - Kubota, Kioti, LS, JD, NH tractor around the same size and hp as the one you are looking at. Find out new cost. Check out tractorhouse and craigslist listings. Assuming maintenance is the same and repairs are nil, find out which tractor retains the most value over 5 years, 10 years, 15 years.

I haven't done this exercise on paper, but my guess is that the Kubota owner comes out even with or better than the other guys due to higher resale value, despite the higher up-front costs.

I make a lot of purchases these days with concern over how it will affect my net worth. Depreciation is among the most important aspects of that decision.

Good luck and please report back if you do crunch actual numbers.

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #25  
Take the cost of each tractor and divide it by the horsepower.... then let us know how that turns out. ;)

Moss, you can also divide total cost by weight to get cost per pound. I was so shocked at the price quote for a Ventrac that I did that-- just for fun. Turns out the Ventrac was about twice the $$ per pound of virtually any typical tractor I had looked at. :laughing:

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #26  
You can always buy 2 or 3 tractors all different brands:thumbsup:

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #27  
Moss, you can also divide total cost by weight to get cost per pound. I was so shocked at the price quote for a Ventrac that I did that-- just for fun. Turns out the Ventrac was about twice the $$ per pound of virtually any typical tractor I had looked at. :laughing:

Yeah, price per pound and you come out way ahead with the 40 over the 35. They weigh exactly the same.

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #28  
Look at it this way...do you enjoy pushing loaded wheel barrow,having project seems like its taken forever as the things to do list gets longer and longer. :)

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #29  

My dad has a Steiner - about the same as a Ventrac. Brand new, Kubota powered - over 20 grand. What a joke. Not a good value at all. The few times I've worked on it I've seen the poor build quality, as well.

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #30  
Having owned a pair of Kubotas that have been trouble-free and hard-working for many years (one bought in 2002; the other in 2005), I have a soft spot for that brand. But the Korean manufacturers, particularly Kioti, are making some outstanding equipment as well. If you like one of their models, no one needs to talk you out of it.
I'm on my second; whereas my father owned about a half dozen over a 40 year period; and they've all been good tractors. Yet the competition is likely why Kubota's list price has dropped. The 3901DT I speced out was a little north of 29K last year, whereas now it lists for $26523. (I ended up with a used 3301HST instead) As I said in my last post, guys I know who bought Kiotis seem very happy with them.