Tall T Handle

/ Tall T Handle #1  

hotrod351

Tractor
troy-bilt
any reason troy-bilt stopped providing the tall t handle on there horse tillers, seems that it is much easier to turn it to loosen the handle and move them than to get a ratchet and socket to loosen the bolt, i know the bolt is cheaper than the t handle. any reason i cant use a t handle form a older horse on my 90 pto horse. Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 5.58.43 PM.png

/ Tall T Handle #2  
I suspect they found that not that many people really used it, and a plain bolt would be much cheaper than the "T" handle.

If the threads and length match, no reason you couldn't use the old "T". If they don't, make your own "T" and weld it to the top of the bolt.

/ Tall T Handle #3  
I suspect they found that not that many people really used it, and a plain bolt would be much cheaper than the "T" handle.

I used mine once about 30 years ago and not since.

Bruce

/ Tall T Handle
thought about making one. and i can see where needing it might hardly come in.

/ Tall T Handle #5  
In 32 years i only removed the T handle to fill the gearbox after an oil change. Never used it for repositioning the main handlebars.

/ Tall T Handle #7  
If memory serves me right the t handle has a vent in it for the gear box. A standard bolt may defeat that purpose. Just my 2 cents.