Tanaka Commercial Chainsaw 50cc

/ Tanaka Commercial Chainsaw 50cc #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
I'm looking for a little bigger saw and own several Tanaka two-stoke power tools and they are bullet proof so far... smooth, easy to start and zero problems in 6 years.

Never tried their chainsaw... specs look good with chrome, stress relieved cylinder and forged crank... I know their engines are very good.

Tanaka saws also come with a 7 year home owner warranty and $50 rebate.

Anyone like or dislike Tanaka Chainsaws?

Tanaka ECV-5601 Chain Saw

Here are the prices of my top 3

$349 Stihl MS 250c

$449 Echo cs-530

$459 Tanaka ECV-5601

/ Tanaka Commercial Chainsaw 50cc #2  
I'm looking for a little bigger saw and own several Tanaka two-stoke power tools and they are bullet proof so far... smooth, easy to start and zero problems in 6 years.

Never tried their chainsaw... specs look good with chrome, stress relieved cylinder and forged crank... I know their engines are very good.

Tanaka saws also come with a 7 year home owner warranty and $50 rebate.

Anyone like or dislike Tanaka Chainsaws?

Tanaka ECV-5601 Chain Saw

Here are the prices of my top 3

$349 Stihl MS 250c

$449 Echo cs-530

$459 Tanaka ECV-5601

I have not heard much bad about them other than limited avalibility of parts and hardly no dealers.

If you are looking for a 50cc saw, the dolmar 5105 is actually one of the best IMO of course. Same CC's and same weight as the tanaka, but it has just a tad more power 3.8 vs 3.6, and its a dolmar:D

But if you are shopping price, you can throw another $15 on top of that tanaka price and have a makita 6421 (same as 6401 but meets 2011 EPA). They are a little heavier but 64cc and 4.8HP of wood cutting machine.

I guess what I am trying to say is that IMO the tanaka is a little too pricey compaired to some others. But it also has a 7 year warrenty where as others are only a year or two.

/ Tanaka Commercial Chainsaw 50cc #3  
I have not heard anything or very little so cant comment on that saw maybe check Arboristsite see whats being talked about there about them? (I believe its the best choice in your line up however)

I can comment on a Husky 346XP NE I own that's 50cc and not much more money than that Tanaka and I highly recommend it and its a proven platform been around a long time. good luck

I just looked at your link and I believe that saw has a cat on it because its epa2 certified and cats hurt performance and create a lot of heat. And why I mention this is you will probably want to get rid of that and put a normal muffler on so I would check and see if one is available beforehand plus its got a 20 on it Id change it to a 16 even more money to be spent just trying to help jmho. hth

/ Tanaka Commercial Chainsaw 50cc
Lots of fallen limbs and a very large Bay toppled last night... due to the wet weather we are getting here in CA.

The local Stihl Dealer... well 35 miles away, (my local shop is closed all this week) had the 250C in stock for $349 plus $20 for the case, extra loop and Hat. Mom was with me and he gave her a hat and two Stihl shirts as we were leaving with the new saw...

So, at least for now, I'm good.

I was leaning toward the $459 Tanaka... but wouldn't have got it till next week. The Makita model I liked is not available for sale in CA.

Speaking of CA... my Dealer needed all my info for the warranty AND California requires documentation on the purchaser of each two stroke sale to submit to the State???

/ Tanaka Commercial Chainsaw 50cc #5  
That should work great for what sounds like what you need done it did come with a reasonable size bar like a 16" yes?

Documentation? That way they can throw you in jail if you pull the cat off and they will know since they are watching all the string trimmers and chain saw owners since they pollute the earth so bad with those nasty 2 strokes. just my 2 cents I am a midwesterner btw :)

That should work great for what sounds like what you need done it did come with a reasonable size bar like a 16" yes?

Standard with 18" bar... 16" is optional, but they have never sold one with a 16"

Chain Saws - STIHL MS 250 C-BE Chain Saw - Occasional Use - STIHL USA

Years ago, I had borrowed a large saw from a retired logger for one job... it kicked back something fierce and I got a bad sprain from it.

When I brought it back... he asked how did I like it and I told him what had happened. The reason he asked is that physically, he was no longer to use it and was willing to make me a deal...

/ Tanaka Commercial Chainsaw 50cc #7  
the tanaka has 50 dollar rebate right now. wished i could afford one right now.

/ Tanaka Commercial Chainsaw 50cc #8  
I know this is a very old thread but does anyone have experience of the Tanaka ECV4521. I can't find any reference to the model but there IS a manual for the 4501 - presumably very similar.

I just agreed to buy one stated by the seller as Japanese made and about 3 years old with little use. Its nearly winter here in the the mountains (OZ) and badly need a backup for my Sachs Domar SI116 that is playing up

Comments appreciated

Alan

Attachments

• tanaka chainsaw.jpg
    tanaka chainsaw.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 403
I know Grainger was selling them at one time...