Tank Oil Change

/ Tank Oil Change
Was pretty much a Doh question, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'll finish it up this long Holiday weekend .. Thanks everyone for the tips ....:thumbsup:

/ Tank Oil Change
OK let me ask you experts I am going by the advice I got on here with the exception of, I decided to use a clear hose to bleed the air out of the tank so I could do a visual ..

All of the large air pockets are gone coming from the pump..

First picture large bubbles are all gone second picture tiny stream still coming through in spurts ..

I am now on my tenth engine crank at about 10 seconds a crank. Then I let the starter cool down for 5 or more minutes .. I also have a fan blowing on the engine to help cool it down.

Does the pump churn up more tiny air bubbles when cranking the engine that long and is this normal or should it take this long to get out all of the air.

I will not cap it off and start the engine until I hear back from someone that has done this a few times. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 66
   / Tank Oil Change
OK thanks fellas, bad weekend memorial day Holiday to be asking questions .

It dawned on me that since I wasn't just doing just a filter change, that draining the tank probably created more air pockets than usual .. I went back out and cranked it another 7 times and finally the air bubbles stopped coming through the hose.

While I was waiting and in between the starter cooling off.. I changed out the engine oil and filter..

Good day in the garage.. Man does it run smooth now even the hydraulic whine is a lot quieter ... = Loving it ..

A little advise .. If your planning to do a lot of maintenance on your PT.. Wait until your the wife goes out of town to visit family.. Much quicker and you'll get more done that way.. :laughing:

Last edited:
   / Tank Oil Change
I had tightened it up with a strap wrench was very tight. The bubbles did stop thanks ..