tarp over my baby

/ tarp over my baby #1  

AMR

Gold Member
Tractor
B3030
My brand new BX23, 4 hours, is sitting in my partially completed garage waiting for my soon to be installed lawn in my just about complete house. The builder needs to finish up taping and painting the garage which will force my BX23 outside for at least a week or two, can you believe that? Is it ok in the elements or would a tarp over it be better?

/ tarp over my baby #2  
Around here at least, all the new tractors sit outside on the dealer's lot all day, everyday. I don't think it'll hurt it a bit to sit out in the elements, especially for the very short term, which is what your situation sounds like.

/ tarp over my baby #3  
If you are worried or have some concern throw a blue tarp over it and tie it off securly. The only thing that I would do is tip the seat, but thats personal perference. While they are not cheap they are still tractors and I dont know about you but mine is not going to be cruz-n the good guys nationals car show. JMO /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tarp over my baby #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you are worried or have some concern throw a blue tarp over it and tie it off securly. The only thing that I would do is tip the seat, but thats personal perference. While they are not cheap they are still tractors and I dont know about you but mine is not going to be cruz-n the good guys nationals car show. JMO /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Does it have to be a BLUE tarp? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tarp over my baby #5  
None of the farmers around here use their tractors outside except on days with mild temps, slightly overcast skies and no chance of precipitation, otherwise they leave them in their garages and park their cars outside.
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Seriously, my tractor sits outside all winter and in an open pole barn the other times. The snow we got yesterday has slid off all the exterior parts and washed them nicely. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I too flip the seat forward and would only be concerned about tarping it to keep your builders from getting anything on it (overspray?). I would park it far away from their work and break area.

/ tarp over my baby #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My brand new BX23, 4 hours, is sitting in my partially completed garage waiting for my soon to be installed lawn in my just about complete house. The builder needs to finish up taping and painting the garage which will force my BX23 outside for at least a week or two, can you believe that? Is it ok in the elements or would a tarp over it be better? )</font>I think I would just put it in the house on the new lawn /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ tarp over my baby #8  
Hi AMR

I reside in Connecticut also and for a good portion of last year I left my BX23 outdoors and covered it with a blue tarp, especially when it was going to rain.

I used a blue plastic tarp and asked the same question when my BX23 was delivered. Junkman advised me to first polish the BX to protect it and said something to the effect to watch the moving tarp didn't rub the paint and to make sure it can breath. I quess moisture can get trapped and cause rust.

My dealer said they basically leave the tractors outside till someone buys them. I keep the BX23 in the garage with my only complaint is the diesel smoke smell when I try to start the tractor, despite both garage doors being open, which is a pain during cold starts.

/ tarp over my baby #9  
just leave it out till the garage is done, won't do it any harm for that shot period of time.

/ tarp over my baby #10  
<font color="blue"> Does it have to be a BLUE tarp? </font>
Yes, yes it does /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif What I was thinking is a "cheap tarp"
Steven