TBN Problem?

/ TBN Problem? #1  

BillyP

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4610 ehydro MFWD
Earlier I tried to read some posts and all I got was a page full of the below.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 35

Warning: error_log(/home/tractorb/tractorbynet.com/logs/20040830_mysql.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 224
SQL ERROR: Mon, Aug 30 2004 13:00:42 -0500 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 128

Warning: error_log(/home/tractorb/tractorbynet.com/logs/20040830_mysql.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 224
SQL ERROR: Mon, Aug 30 2004 13:00:42 -0500 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 154

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 128

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 154

/ TBN Problem? #3  
Seems like an isolated incident... we'll look into it.

/ TBN Problem? #4  
Muhammad,
I don't think that this has been ask, but if it has excuse me. When I am logged on and go to MY Home, I have to log in again. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

/ TBN Problem? #5  
I got that same message yesterday. As soon as I hit refresh, it was back to normal. The first line is:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 35

Which, to me means too many people at the same time are trying to access the database.

/ TBN Problem? #6  
<font color="blue"> When I am logged on and go to MY Home, I have to log in again. Is this the way it is supposed to work? </font>

No, if you are logged in, you should go right to your MY HOME seemlessly. Sounds like you may have a cookie problem, or you don't have your browser configured to check for new page updates upon each visit.

/ TBN Problem? #7  
I have my browser set to never check for up dates. I will try the cookies, but I thought that it was strange that I don't have any problems on any other sites.
Thanks

/ TBN Problem? #8  
<font color="blue"> I have my browser set to never check for up dates. </font>

This means that when you visit a website the first time, that page will be stored in your cache, if the website gets updated, you will never see the change. Until you clear your cache.

I suggest setting it to check for updates on EVERY visit.

/ TBN Problem? #9  
As Dave said, this is probably the cause of your problem. Since our pages are dynamically updated (constantly changing), you probably aren't getting the most updated version. You wouldn't have the problem on static pages (that aren't updated very often)...