TBN Recommended Additions

/ TBN Recommended Additions #31  
Mike,

Better get a grease gun in there somewhere. You will get to know it real well in time. I use varies chains and straps all the time. Ear protection is a good thing if you are doing long bush hog sessions.

MarkV

/ TBN Recommended Additions
On my second cup and it's not even 7:30!

tractor.gif

/ TBN Recommended Additions #33  
Does anybody know a "low cost" online or catalog source to buy the Lincoln Grease guns?

Thanks

Andy

/ TBN Recommended Additions #34  
The first thing I've done to all my tractors (except the first which is why I learned it was necessay the hard way), is to have a narrow strip of metal the width of the bucket welded across the top of the bucket on the inside of the lip where it curls toward the tractor. The keeps the top edge of the bucket from bending during several type of operations. At the same time, I have 4 chain hooks welded equally spaced with the openings facing rear on this strip of metal. These hooks are used to loop chains through for lifting , pulling (only in reverse with the bucket just about dragging on the ground -for stability and the life of your bucket cylinders) and allowing chains to be wrapped around many types of loads (logs, lumper, pipe, brush etc.) to keep the material attached to the bucket. Prior to this I tried to accomplish the same thing by wrapping chains around the bucket and that not only slipped but got very old fast.

/ TBN Recommended Additions #35  
Andy - Check out the "Cordless grease guns" thread in the "Lubricants" Forum. There's a link there to a very good price from Harbor Freight.

MarkC
ChalkleyCup.gif
ChalkleySig3a.gif