Tc 25d new holland rpms surging

/ Tc 25d new holland rpms surging #1  

Calvaryfarms

Tractor
Tc25d new holland
I've had this problem last year tractor gets hot working then rpms surge if you try to move it boggs down and dies. I let it surge about 10 min regains normal idle if you start working again it will eventually die. Changed fuel filter had some water in it 15hrs later same thing flushed fuel system new filter ran fine for about 40 hrs. Started again changed filter 5hrs later its doing it again since it started I started running diesel kleen power service in every tank doesn't seem to help any ideas?

/ Tc 25d new holland rpms surging #2  
Here is a check list for you:
Vacuum leaks at the intake manifold or vacuum hoses.
Leaking, sticky or partially restricted fuel injector(s)
A faulty emission control system.
Bad fuel pump.
Faulty fuel pressure regulator.
Clogged air filter.
Restricted PCV system or valve.

willy

/ Tc 25d new holland rpms surging #3  
Bad fuel pump.
Clogged air filter.

willy
Diesels run with out any throttling in the intake manifold so there is no vacuum.

Make sure you don't have some debris in the tank and then disconnect the line to the injector pump (IP) and make sure it is flowing freely. No dribbles or intermittent flow. If you don't have free flow than work backwards to the tank to find a restriction. The filter, filter head, tank strainer, lift pump( if installed) lines (pinched or damaged), etc are the usual culprits. Diesel Klean will only help with preventing bacterial sludge and also with water IIRC. If you have bacterial sludge you have to get it out of the tank and off the tank strainer (if installed).

Last edited:
   / Tc 25d new holland rpms surging #4  
First thing I would do is remove the fuel tank
and clean it out as its evident that you have
crap in the fuel tank as you have changed filter
way too soon.

willy

/ Tc 25d new holland rpms surging #5  
It was a quick choice just copied info from net
and pasted it here

willy

/ Tc 25d new holland rpms surging
First thing I would do is remove the fuel tank
and clean it out as its evident that you have
crap in the fuel tank as you have changed filter
way too soon.

willy
Already did that checked fuel flow bled lines flushed tank again got diesel from different location added hot shots fuel system cleaner lubricator so far it has helped tractor wont idle down below 1k rpm now not sure if thats what it was supposed to idle at all along or not had this problem since I bought it a few years ago but got diesel at same location 10 miles to next diesel location but seems to have less issues with water build up in system
Bad fuel pump.
Clogged air filter.

willy
Already did that checked fuel flow bled lines flushed tank again got diesel from different location added hot shots fuel system cleaner lubricator so far it has helped tractor wont idle down below 1k rpm now not sure if thats what it was supposed to idle at all along or not had this problem since I bought it a few years ago but got diesel at same location 10 miles to next diesel location but seems to have less issues with water build up in system

/ Tc 25d new holland rpms surging
Last year had this issue replaced injectors electronic fuel shut off solenoid was bad then continued chasing through fuel system i hope it is just the fuel from old location I've been told others have had issues with water in it as well fingers crossed

/ Tc 25d new holland rpms surging #8  
My tractor idles at 950 rpm's so I would not be concerned
about the 1k idle is in the ball park as you don't want to idle your tractor any way if you have regen system.

willy

/ Tc 25d new holland rpms surging #9  
Truckers put heet in their diesel fuel
takes out the water so they tell me

willy