tc 29 clutch slips fluid leaks

/ tc 29 clutch slips fluid leaks #1  

jkaup

Tractor
New Holland tc29 4x4
I have a 2002 tc 29, 4x4, fel... 475 hours.

Has had a hydraulic fluid leak for quite a while coming out of the bell housing. Was just a few drips, now it pours! Only leaks when tractor is running. Also the clutch started slipping so I thought it was getting covered in oil. I pulled the eng. today and clutch is dry but their is fluid in bell housing. First question: what is the lifespan of typical clutch disk? The disk is not into the rivets and the flywheel and pressure plate surfaces look good. Is there any other source, other than dealer, for parts. Now to the fluid leak, there are only 3 sources for the leak that I can see. 2 shift rod seals and the input shaft seal. It is so oily in there I could not make out the source. Anyone else had a leak in this area? Any help is appreciated. jkaup

/ tc 29 clutch slips fluid leaks
51 view and no input, thanks people!:thumbsup:

Found the source of the leak, bottom shift rod seal is leaking. Tonight i'll pull the front of trans to get to the seals. Also found a spring on the pressure plate is very weak compared to the others. Order parts on Monday, suppose i'll go to the dealer since no one was able to provide any input on another source. Thanks again, jkaup