Oil & Fuel TC 35 lost gears

/ TC 35 lost gears #1  

jrghoosier

Tractor
New Holland TC35
I just changed the hydraulic/transmission fluid and put on a new filter. Ran great for about an hour and lost the gears. I took out two drain plugs...one on the middle of the transmission and one on the rear axle. Filled up with approx. 9 gal. of fluid. Used the fill in the back of the tractor above the PTO. Is there any other fill places for the transmission?

/ TC 35 lost gears #2  
I just changed the hydraulic/transmission fluid and put on a new filter. Ran great for about an hour and lost the gears. I took out two drain plugs...one on the middle of the transmission and one on the rear axle. Filled up with approx. 9 gal. of fluid. Used the fill in the back of the tractor above the PTO. Is there any other fill places for the transmission?

Go to this site New Holland : Compact Tractors I think it will answer all your questions...hope that helps

/ TC 35 lost gears #3  

My tc45a gear tractor takes about 9.5-9.8 gallons or so and I just drained my last month and did the same thing you did-drained both bottom plugs and filled at the yellow fill plug at the back of the tractor. There is no other place to fill on our tractors.

What do you mean you lost gears?? Did they get wiped out as in no oil (gear tractor) or is your tractor just not moving-hst?

Maybe you got an air bubble in the line somewhere going to the filter??

/ TC 35 lost gears #4  
Try your loader and/or your 3PH lifting. If either/both work, then your problem is not hydraulic. Did you check your dipstick hydraulic fluid level since the tractor stopped moving? The only place to add hydraulic fluid is the yellow cap at the rear as sweep stated. The dipstick is just to the right of the fill plug.

Did your gear range selector maybe get moved to neutral? Normally things don't just stop without hearing something. That's why I don't think it is clutch related.

/ TC 35 lost gears
Sorry for the delay in getting back...worked late last night. Went out this morning and apparently the gear range selector had either popped out of gear or was knocked out of place by a tree limb or something. Put it back in gear and all is well. Glad is was something simple...my luck doesn't usually run like that. I was sure I didn't fill something up and hurt the transmission. Really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks again...Jeff Greene

/ TC 35 lost gears
Apparently, the gear selector lever popped out or was moved enough to pop out of gear. All is well and am back mowing. Appreciate the help and advice. You guys are great! Thanks again. Jeff Greene

/ TC 35 lost gears #7  
" Did your gear range selector maybe get moved to neutral? Normally things don't just stop without hearing something. That's why I don't think it is clutch related "

Jinman was right...usually is..glad it was simple fix for you....

/ TC 35 lost gears #8  
Well, sometimes you get lucky.:D Glad you are back to tractoring, jrghoosier.