Oil & Fuel TC 35D Loss of Power after Replacing fuel injector pump

/ TC 35D Loss of Power after Replacing fuel injector pump
I ran it without solinoid. No difference. I was wondering if bending arm that attaches to valve may help. I bent it to allow piston to move freely however I wonder if bending to add length and thus more input from govener may help. Getting nervous. Tech said 1-8 hours estimated. At $125 per...

No effect on solinoid removed. May try removing one gasket to see if hitting earlier may help. New Holland said could be injectors. Said I could always bring in at $125 an hour.

/ TC 35D Loss of Power after Replacing fuel injector pump #13  
What I'm gathering is, in post 11>>your bending the control rack?? {it makes no sense} What arm, what valve & what piston.??
U REALLY NEED a manual..
Its VERY difficult to understand what your doing, if u don't know the names of the parts your bending.!!
BTW> U SHOULDNT BE bending ANYTHING..

That is what I was told so, I held off. The one tech said the gaskets provide the timing. I placed the old valve back in an cannot get enough power. The only reason I mentioned bending is perhaps I bent it when removing and installing it originally. Again, tech indicated timing. Another potentially injectors. Just needing more power on top end. Thanks for your input.

I cannot get the rod to move freely. Somehow, I went bad to worse.

Or as other's call it; a piston.

/ TC 35D Loss of Power after Replacing fuel injector pump #17  
Yeah, that happens when u start bending things that aren't meant to be pried on..
Are u talking about the "arm" that hooks to the inj. pump pin.?? {engine control rack} THATS what your bending.??
Its made out of thin pot metal.. it'll be mighty tough getting it straighten back out..

/ TC 35D Loss of Power after Replacing fuel injector pump #18  
Well, at least I thought I fixed it. Seems to lack power when demanded. Called New Holland and tech said timing off. Decal said 18 degrees btdc. How do I know when at 0? I pulled pump again. Looking at crank shaft it has three threaded holes. Any ideas?

Are you sure you have adequate fuel delivery to the pump? Just because you have fuel TO the pump doesn't mean you have enough fuel TO to deliver rated power. Since you said you solved the problem a month ago and now it's back makes me suspicious that you have some sort of intermittent blockage in your fuel delivery system. Do you have any floaters in your tank that could be blocking the out let valve or the strainer?

/ TC 35D Loss of Power after Replacing fuel injector pump #19  
That's a good question Jerry.. I think we've been so fixed on the "bending of parts" that we overlooked "floaters" in the tank..
I think that unit if gravity fed, no supply/feed pump..
The best way to diagnose it either by sight, looking in the fuel tank or getting a 5 gal bucket & pulling the line BEFORE the filter & WATCH the flow..
Heck, u could do it 2x, once before the filter.. refill.. & do it again after the filter.. just to see if theres a BIG difference..

It at least seems to flow adequately with just gravity. So that end is not difinative. Fuel spits out in large quantity when bleeding and engine is running. After I took out one gasket, it ran for a short time and died. While trouble shooting, I ordered a set of these shims for $67. So far, I am around $1k on this pump and the grass contours to grow. I am going to go the other way and add a shim to see if any improvement. If none, I intend to again visit fuel flow to pump. I was able to get piston to float. If after that things are not better than will look at injectors and finally, dealer is ready to take another 1k or so if I cannot get it working properly.