Backhoe tc 40 with a backhoe

/ tc 40 with a backhoe #1  

pjnap

new at this have a tc 40 bought a used 7500 woods backhoe 3pt hitch could use some help should I use top our bottom hole top link what location should the position switch be in forward center(float) rear also should I be able to lift the hoe with the 3pt hook up now it won't lift will shorting our lengthen top connection help ? thanks for any help

/ tc 40 with a backhoe #2  
Pictures would Help . I have a TC 30 with a N.H. 757C B.H. that is sub framed mounted . My Brother recently purchased a self contained 3 point mounted , PTO operated B.H. for his J.D. 3005 . His 3 point mounted B.H. does not " Lift " by using the tractor hydraulics due to the fact that the " Top Link " is not really a top link on the B.H. . It is a fixed steel bar with the only pivot being at the pin connection on the tractor . Were as a regular top link has 2 pivots , pin location at tractor and pin location on B.H. or any other implement . Thus with only 1 pivot , movement of the 3 point arms is very limited .

On my TC 30 , I believe the bottom hole is for most connections on the top link connector on the tractor , but would have to get my book out to double
check .

Fred H.

/ tc 40 with a backhoe
Thanks Fred makes sense about top connection it is a steel bar I have instruction about hooking the top connection but of course the picture s are not like my connector

/ tc 40 with a backhoe #4  
LOL !! Thats Funny .:) Reason Being that is exactly what We experienced hooking up My Brothers B.H. the first time a couple of weeks ago :)

Instruction sheet with pictures was not matching what We were looking at . Ended up looking on line at the Dealers web site to try and make since of it all , which through trial and error , finally got it to be what We are Thinking is right :confused: .

Fred H.

/ tc 40 with a backhoe #5  
3 point hitch backhoes are known to break tractors in half. You need the sub frame to support the backhoe, and evenly distribute the stress uniformly to the whole machine. The sub frame makes an entire rigid structure of the entire tractor. I personally would not risk using a 3PH backhoe. Do a search here on TBN of backhoes, and 3PH.

/ tc 40 with a backhoe #6  
A sub frame is better but there are people who have used 3 point backhoes for decades without any damage to their tractor. One just has to be careful with how they operate the backhoe and tractor.

/ tc 40 with a backhoe #7  
On a John Deere, the topmost hole (for the top-link) is for the heaviest loads...that's the one I would use (my backhoe uses two plates as a subframe). But, you really want to look in your TC-40 operator's manual or call your dealer. As IH3444 wrote, 3PH backhoes can overstress the tractor's frame (which isn't really a frame...the engine and transaxle spreads the stresses...but the connection between the engine and transaxle bears the brunt.
There have been a number of posts about TC-30s breaking.
As Btown wrote, a lot of folks have used 3PH backhoes with no problems...just realize these are not dedicated, purpose built backhoes. Your TC40 is a compact tractor that can run a backhoe for fairly light duty digging.

One thing I would avoid, even with my subframe mounted backhoe...you don't need to raise your rear tires off the ground. The stabilizers are just that...to stabilize the tractor when digging and, especially, when swinging the boom.

Here's an old TBN thread on the subject:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/253017-backhoe-question.html

/ tc 40 with a backhoe #8  
On a John Deere, the topmost hole (for the top-link) is for the heaviest loads...that's the one I would use (my backhoe uses two plates as a subframe). But, you really want to look in your TC-40 operator's manual or call your dealer. As IH3444 wrote, 3PH backhoes can overstress the tractor's frame (which isn't really a frame...the engine and transaxle spreads the stresses...but the connection between the engine and transaxle bears the brunt.
There have been a number of posts about TC-30s breaking.
As Btown wrote, a lot of folks have used 3PH backhoes with no problems...just realize these are not dedicated, purpose built backhoes. Your TC40 is a compact tractor that can run a backhoe for fairly light duty digging.

One thing I would avoid, even with my subframe mounted backhoe...you don't need to raise your rear tires off the ground. The stabilizers are just that...to stabilize the tractor when digging and, especially, when swinging the boom.

Here's an old TBN thread on the subject:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/253017-backhoe-question.html

Roy is exactly right;there have been a number of NH broke in half using a three point BH,can get real expensive in a hurry.I personally wouldn't do it.

/ tc 40 with a backhoe #9  
On a NH backhoe for a TC40 the 3pt lift does not work when the hydraulics are configured for using the backhoe. If the Woods uses tractor hydraulics it may be the same.

On my NH758 hoe one hydraulic line connects to a port under the right side of the seat area (from the back of the tractor). The second backhoe line connects to a quick connector that is removed from the hydraulic pump distribution box. It would normally power the 3pt lift. Hard to describe.

/ tc 40 with a backhoe #10  
Pretty sure Roy is correct about top hole versus bottom hole . Still have not looked in my manual . Dave's TC40 connection is similar to my TC30 connection's for the B.H. . Connecting at the pump disables the 3 point , ( which for my purpose is a GOOD thing as My Better half and even the neighbors use the tractor thus I could see the 3 point being tried even though the B.H. is on ) .
There was several Factors that came up with the TC30 and 3 point B.H.'s breaking the housing . None were answered when I questioned those effected . First was it a HST model or Geared .
Also , as just stated above , Don't Lift the Wheels off the Ground !! It is Not needed and actually lower's the stability of the tractor . You will see construction sites were B,H. operator's are doing this BUT talk to a Maker or Dealer , see what they say . I know a couple of Construction company owners Who give 1 warning to their B.H. operators , after that , Bye Bye .
Some were saying it was a flaw in the housing on the N.H. TC30's . I have had mine since 2003 and although I do have the 757C sub-frame mount , I can say for pretty certain that I have abused beyond the limits of the tractor without a issue . These are CUT tractors , Not full fledged Construction equipment .

Fred H.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Unused 2024 Miva VA13C Mini Excavator, (A33078)
Unused 2024 Miva...
White Board (A33041)
White Board (A33041)
AMERICAN FLAG ROOSTER (A34011)
AMERICAN FLAG...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
Sears And Roebuck 641 Wood Burning Stove (A33041)
Sears And Roebuck...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...