TC18, Heated Cab, Front Snow Blower

/ TC18, Heated Cab, Front Snow Blower #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
I have been looking at a used 2003 TC18 with 150 hours, HST, R4's, PS, 4wd, 1 rear remote, heated cab, 5' front snow blower and mid pto. This machine has only been used to blow snow, never used during the summer months and looks brand new. Wondering how you tc18 owners like your machines? Can it handle a 5' blower alright? What would a mid mount mower cost?

/ TC18, Heated Cab, Front Snow Blower #2  
So would this be in addition to the Kubota or to replace it? With 150 hours, the P.O. might be able to tell you how well it handles snow. I would guess that it would be a bit slower than the L series at moving the snow, but with the heated cab it would be far more comfortable.

/ TC18, Heated Cab, Front Snow Blower #3  
I love my TC18 along with the 914A MMM. Mine's rear discharge which might leave a little to be desired. I just looked at 2 914A's on eBay. One used 60" for $785 and one new old stock 54" for $900. Both Buy it Now prices. If I remember correctly mine was $2500 new.

I have no idea if the two on eBay includes mounting brackets or not. I don't use a blower so I can't help you there.

/ TC18, Heated Cab, Front Snow Blower
daTeacha said:
So would this be in addition to the Kubota or to replace it? With 150 hours, the P.O. might be able to tell you how well it handles snow. I would guess that it would be a bit slower than the L series at moving the snow, but with the heated cab it would be far more comfortable.

This would be in addition to my Kubota. I really like the heated cab. When the lake effect snow starts around here it usually snows everyday for 4 to 6 weeks and the heated cab would be really nice. I am also thinking of using it for cutting my lawn. Unfortunately, the P.O. has passed and the family has never used the tractor.

/ TC18, Heated Cab, Front Snow Blower #5  
I ran a 4' rear blower on my TC18. I'd say 5' is pushing it powerwise, but would be surprised that it is actually 5'. I think the factory unit is 50". Pull out your tape measure.

Right before I sold my unit I bought the New old stock 54"MMM off ebay. included the mounting brackets. I paid $1,100 delivered. New ~$2,500. The machine mowed much better with the 54" side than the 60" rear.

I measured the blower myself and yes it is 60" wide. The blower frame goes all the way to the rear pto. It is a really nice blower.

/ TC18, Heated Cab, Front Snow Blower #7  
Is it a New Holland Blower or aftermarket? Just curious.

If it's a screaming deal, I'd go for it. With HST, you can always slow down to let the blower work. For pricing reference, I sold my TC18 with 680 hours, loader, 2 mowing decks & rear snowblower for $11,500.

hazmat said:
Is it a New Holland Blower or aftermarket? Just curious.

If it's a screaming deal, I'd go for it. With HST, you can always slow down to let the blower work. For pricing reference, I sold my TC18 with 680 hours, loader, 2 mowing decks & rear snowblower for $11,500.

No the blower is not a NH. It is actually a 2000 and came from another tractor. I can't remember the brand at the moment. I was told it cost him almost $5000 in 2000. Very heavy duty and looks like it will fit almost any tractor.

The heated cab is made in Quebec and was also a $5000+. I was shown the original bill of sale. The ROPS was replaced by the cab so removing the cab in the summer is not an option. Still negotiating on the price. I would really need a mowing deck to make it worth while. But that heated cab would be really nice in January.

/ TC18, Heated Cab, Front Snow Blower #9  
And you can air condition it or equip it with screens to mow in comfort in summer! :) Are you in Black Fly country? Those little predators are nasty!

daTeacha said:
And you can air condition it or equip it with screens to mow in comfort in summer! :) Are you in Black Fly country? Those little predators are nasty!

Fortunately, there are not too many black flies around here. Lot's of other critters though. I do not believe air is worth the expense on this machine.