TC18/TC21D

/ TC18/TC21D #1  

victor

Tractor
New Holland/TC25D
After debating the tc21d vs tc18 issue, decided to go with the TC21d with an XT160 (60") woods rotary cutter. Should be delivered later this week. Will soon find out if the cutter is too big. I'll let you all know. Found out the tractor is assembled in GA. Where is the engine made?

/ TC18/TC21D #2  
Made in the land of the rising sun, as are all compact tractor drivetrains to the best of my understanding. I think NH is Shibaru, JD is Yanmar, Cub Cadet is Mitsubishi. Kubota is...Kubota ( a dig to JimB in Michigan) /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ TC18/TC21D #3  
PaulB,
"Kubota is Kubota" defined = More $ go back to the home land! Go Blue! NH that is! JimBinMI

/ TC18/TC21D #4  
Paul,

The only Yanmar (or Yanmar-based) machine in the JD line now is the 790, if Yanmar even still makes it. But, Shibaura did make some of the Ford/NH machines, and also produced some of Yanmar's tractors for a while - so the 790 could be a Shibaura machine in some way, since I think Shibaura also did some of the 70 series production for Deere (670, 770). But, I really don't know what Shibaura manufactures for US Tractor Makers at this time... as the Boomers are "Made in USA", as are 4000-series John Deere machines.

Also, if you're interested, Shibaura makes equipment for MTD, Honda, and Stihl.

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>

/ TC18/TC21D #5  
Hate to disagree with the forum master, but here goes. The current 4100 and 790 are, pure and simple, green Yanmars. The bigger 4000 series are assembled in Georgia, but the motor is Yanmar (says so right on the valve cover if you look under the hood)
Source of my information - local JD dealer, and direct observation (I looked at the motors on every model on the lot)
That being said, I am in no way suggesting that it is a bad thing to be a Yanmar, but lets be accurate here - if you want an american made JD with all american parts, look to the 65 hp and larger models, not the compacts

/ TC18/TC21D #6  
Thank you Jim! If my memory is still good, I remember someone telling me "someone" has been making diesels in the rising sun since the turn of the century. They know how, it's just a matter of who is spending the money to cast, machine, polish and assemble.
The green went by me the other day and was it loud. The BLUE sounds much better.
"Motors" are electric and run on kilowatts!!!

/ TC18/TC21D
Was loking at the color glossy booklet for Kubotas and noticed the B7500 is approved to use the RFM-60 (60" cutting mower). If the B7500 can do it, I don't see why the TC21 should have any problems. Guess I'll find out soon.

/ TC18/TC21D #8  
My dealer said the 4100 is made in the USA at georgia. Is he wrong or?? Why do they say made in usa if it is made by yanmar.??

/ TC18/TC21D #9  
Maybe tractor co's are doing what the auto industry does.parts made in a one place and built here.???/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Lil' Paul

/ TC18/TC21D #10  
Hank - your dealer is wrong. Look at the metal plate on the frame just behind the left front wheel - made in Japan. The 4200 and bigger are assembled in Georgia using Yanmar engines