TC21D Front Bucket removable?

/ TC21D Front Bucket removable? #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
Is the front bucket removable on the TC21D? I would like to be able to swap the bucket for a homebuilt brush fork. It is OK if it requires tools, so long as the time is measured in minutes, not hours. I was impressed by Deere's quick attach bucket, but so far the price isn't right.

/ TC21D Front Bucket removable? #2  
You can get a quick attach for the 7106 loader from kasco it is the same one that fits the 7308 loader on the class 2 compacts.

/ TC21D Front Bucket removable? #3  
"Is the front bucket removable on the TC21D?"

It's just bolted on to the FEL arms, right...along with a pin or bolt for the hydraulic cylinder?

Well, if it just bolted, you can most assuredly unbolt and remove the bucket.
My 670 has 8 bolts (two are for the cylinder attach). As soon as I come up for some kind of forks, I want to drop the bucket and attach loader forks.

/ TC21D Front Bucket removable? #4  
Here is a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=145669&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=>Link</A> to some info on the Uni-Hitch from Kasco that the other Spencer is talking about.

/ TC21D Front Bucket removable?
Thanks for the info guys.

Spencer, you have a sweet setup. I don't think I want to spend the $400, especially since the smaller loader probably won't handle most bobcat attachments. Looks like the 4 pins shouldn't take too long. I'm going to stop by the NH dealer today. If he gives me the right price, It will be easy to make a decision.

/ TC21D Front Bucket removable? #6  
Hazmat, I agree that it may not be a reasonable system for the smaller NH loaders. If JD has their own system that does not add much extra weight then you may want to favor them. Being able to quickly and easily switch between the bucket and the forks is beautiful. You have put enough thought into it that you are asking the questions before you buy. You do not want to be messing with those 4 pins each time you want to switch. Everything has to be lined up exactly and that is not easy.

/ TC21D Front Bucket removable?
Spencer, I talked with dealer last night, he also suggested a quick hitch. He didn't think that weight would be a problem. He also suggested clamp on forks as an alternative. I bought a TC18! I guess I'll cross the forks bridge when I get to it.