TC21DA Coming to my driveway soon!

/ TC21DA Coming to my driveway soon! #1  

jeffghs

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC21DA
I had to get a tractor, I have been killing my Craftsman riding mower. I found a new TC21DA at a local dealer and will be getting it with a loader, 54 in bucket, and 48 in box blade. And the cutting will be done with a 60" Land Pride RFM. I would of course like to get a bigger tractor, but this is the most I could afford now, and I need it now.

It will be used to mow and upkeep approx 3 acres of pasture and another 2 acres of yard. All pretty much flat land and not a lot of trees with the exception of 12 pecan trees in a single row along one edge of the property.

/ TC21DA Coming to my driveway soon! #2  
My father-in-law has 2 of them, so i get a lot of butt time on them...they are one tough little tractor, you'll be very happy with it!

/ TC21DA Coming to my driveway soon! #3  
Congratulations! :)

/ TC21DA Coming to my driveway soon!
Looks like it won't be this weekend now, the dealer is still waiting on the loader. Looking like Wed of next week now. I am getting anxious and the grass is growing fast.

/ TC21DA Coming to my driveway soon! #5  
Just make sure you are going to keep some sort of weight on the rear of that tractor when you use the FEL. The 12LA loader is the most powerful loader I know of on that size tractor and you can very easily pick up enough with that loader to lift the rear wheels off the ground.

I will try it out with the box blade on the rear for using the FEL, if it still feels light, I will look at other options for weight. I agree though, the 12LA does have power.

/ TC21DA Coming to my driveway soon! #7  
Bob_Skurka said:
Just make sure you are going to keep some sort of weight on the rear of that tractor when you use the FEL.

the same can be said if you use a rotary mower without some kind of weight on the front...we typically pull either a 40" or 42" rotary mower, and have 3-4 suitcase weights hanging off the front (no FEL)...on a side slope, that front end gets really light, they can crab pretty bad...just a thought

/ TC21DA Coming to my driveway soon! #8  
jeffghs said:
I will try it out with the box blade on the rear for using the FEL, if it still feels light, I will look at other options for weight. I agree though, the 12LA does have power.
Bear in mind the loader manual says you need both weighted wheels and a weight on the 3pt hitch to fully utilize the strength of the loader.

Mathey also makes a good point about putting something heavy on the rear end, you need to keep the loader on or put on counter weights in the front.

/ TC21DA Coming to my driveway soon! #9  
pagh vI' jIvHa'wI'. :) The sage accumulates nothing.
latlhpu'vaD vangqu' 'ej law'taH vay' ghajbogh. :) The more he does for others, the more he has.
latlhpu'vaD nobqu' 'ej law'taH vay' Hevbogh. :) The more he gives to others, the more he receives.

Ok, you have to tell us what language the red print is!!:D

Looks like it should be tomorrow now, I'll stop by the dealer this afternoon to make sure everything is on track. I did get the adapter to fill the rears with water/antifreeze so that should happen soon after I get it. I need to figure out something for front weight for when the loader is removed. I would like to do most of my mowing without the loader to speed things up a little bit. Don't know if the RFM wil be too heavy alone or not. No hills to mow, so maybe it will be ok.