TC24D exposed u-joint

/ TC24D exposed u-joint #1  

jimg

Veteran Member
Was poking around underneath my tractor (TC24D) today and noticed that just aft of the midpto there an open cavity in the chassis. Looking into it reveals a shaft, ujoint and some other bits that look as though dirt would upset them...or at least shorten their life. It appears that a cover plate could be fitted as there are bolt holes and what looks like rough machining for a plate to seat. Has anyone else noticed this??? jimg

/ TC24D exposed u-joint #2  
YEP my tc21d has the same open access point and I have had the same thought...but in over 2yrs have had no problem with debrie though I do watch carfully for beaver spikes.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ TC24D exposed u-joint
Thanx Paul!

Seems odd doesnt it b/c there are bolt holes and all. Oh well....
jimg

/ TC24D exposed u-joint
Hold on...I missed that last part...what are beaver spikes??? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TC24D exposed u-joint #5  
my BAMA redneck discription of the sharp pointed stumps left by the mud beaver that lived /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif untill recently in our pond... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifI spent $485 /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.giffor a new stearing cylinder for tc21d for not watching them close enpugh... Apparently I should be able to see through the low brush while cutting /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif according to the wife at the time " shouldn't u be lookng where you are going?" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But yep I noticed the same I think some one else has mentioned it before. I don't see what it would hurt to cover it though. If you wanted to...

/ TC24D exposed u-joint
OK, got it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif