TC24D Fire Rig (Class 7)

/ TC24D Fire Rig (Class 7) #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...but I am 37 years old and they consider me a bit old to start out in the fire service. They want the young pups with their open minds kind of what the military wants. Not a old dog like me.)</font>

LAGEORGE,
Thanks for your reply.
Even though they think you're too old, I seriously doubt they'd turn away someone who came to fires with refreshments etc. for those fighting the fire. It is exhausting work, and a little goodwill may get your foot in the door just by making yourself indespensable. Little things like that won't be forgotten. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ TC24D Fire Rig (Class 7)
I did a long tread a while ago on the strobe system for my tractor. Maybe someone can find it and provide a fresh link too it. The system was fairly extensive and should not be any surprise, expensive! But in terms of safety it was mandatory as far as I am concerned. And has proven reliable and effective.

A good source of stuff is from strobesnmore.com
But you have to find the right waterproof switches or your strobe system may be worthless if the weather gets to the regular switches.

LAGEORGE

<font color="green"> </font> strobesnmore.com

DocHeb, you were right!

The local paper from the neighboring city also thought the fire rig idea was kind of interesting. Last Monday they were out interviewing and taking pictures. And even though most of the story is correct it does contain some error. Mainly on mileage and time to respond. But here is the link so I can share with the community. The newspaper had three pictures that the online article does not contain.

LAGeorge

Couple build firetruck (Whittier Daily News) December 5, 2005

/ TC24D Fire Rig (Class 7) #35  
If you want more water capactiy you can add a tank to the loader bucket. Just have to plumb a line along the loader arm and to the 3pt and either use gravity to fill the back tank or hook it into your pump and pull water from both tanks. It would be similar to the saddle tanks most farmers use on their tractors.

Hello everyone, well I am using up my 15 minutes of fame. The local ABC TV station was out today doing a story on our attachment. I have included a link to the story even though it too is wrong on some points. I have also attached a picture of the reporter girl standing in front of the tractor.

The camera crew and I sprayed a lot of water after the live shot. They all seemed impressed with the little blue tractor and it’s fire rig attachment.

LAGEORGE

KABC TV Fire Rig Story

Attachments

• 783826-LAGeorge_KABC_Fire_Rig_PIX_1.jpg
    783826-LAGeorge_KABC_Fire_Rig_PIX_1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 270
OK, one more picture of the reporter. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Attachments

• 783831-LAGeorge_KABC_Fire_Rig_PIX_2.jpg
    783831-LAGeorge_KABC_Fire_Rig_PIX_2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 281
Robert, thank you for the idea. But with my luck I will forget the tank is attached via hosing under the tractor and raise the bucket and make a huge problem for myself. I am thinking about building a new one made from aluminum to save on weight and maybe move up to a 2 hundred-gallon tank. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It’s just and idea.

LAGEORGE

/ TC24D Fire Rig (Class 7) #39  
If you route the hoses along the loader arm you won't have any issue. You would only have to keep from dumping the bucket. The main issue would be to leave a little extra hose at the main pivot on the loader frame so when you raise or lower the loader it won't strain or kink the hose. Just tossing the idea around in case it would work for you. Have fun.

/ TC24D Fire Rig (Class 7) #40  
Hey, when she is done playing with your tractor you can send her up here. I will build a spray rig too if that is the requirement /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Enjoy the day.