Tires TC24DA front tire camber?

/ TC24DA front tire camber? #1  

gregp

Bronze Member
I noticed the front right tire of my 24da is cambered out. The top of tire leans out. I put a level on both front tires and the right tire (as i sit on the tractor) is definately cambered out. The owners manual shows how to adjust the toe in and out but how do i adjust the camber?

/ TC24DA front tire camber? #2  
Camber is not adjustable. Both wheels should have positive camber. Remember when you check camber, have the front axle dead level from side to side. Short of an axle shaft, bearing failure or a bent front rim it is unlikely you have camber problems. Shaft or bearing problems would likely be accompanied by an oil leak at the hub seal.

/ TC24DA front tire camber?
My tractor has only 82 hours on it. I checked the tractor sitting on my paved driveway. I rolled it forward and reverse several times and it looks the same. There are no oil leaks and no odd noises to indicate any problem. The camber was noticed by a friend who came out to look at the tractor. Whether sitting on my trailer or in my driveway the tire looks the same.What do you mean by positive camber? How do i check it for sure?

/ TC24DA front tire camber? #4  
Positive camber is when the top of the tire tilts out. Negative camber is when top of the tire tilts in. The factory may have made a mistake with that axle. Have your dealer look at it and see if they can replace the axle.

/ TC24DA front tire camber? #5  
With 82 hours and it being an 'A' series, it sounds like a warranty issue for your dealer to sort out.

/ TC24DA front tire camber? #6  
gregp,

My new (100 or so hours) TC24DA has positive camber, which means the top of the tires tilt towards the outside. When the loader is off, looking towards the front end, it is very noticeable. If I had my digital camera (wife on vaca.) I would do some measurements and reply..........if no oil leaks or steering problems don't worry!

/ TC24DA front tire camber? #7  
Here's the right front of my 24DA; you can see the slight positive camber. Is yours more drastic than that?

Attachments

• 710088-right.JPG
    710088-right.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 278
   / TC24DA front tire camber? #9  
Did you drive this into the garage straight?

Just by looking at your pics, I don't think you have a problem at all with your camber, it's the length of your tie-rod. The camber "looks normal" but one tire is turning left more than the other.

/ TC24DA front tire camber? #10  
Err...Mega, I'm not the one with the problem. I was supplying pics of what I assume is my correctly cambered tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And please, no comments on my parking abilities. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif