TC25 Vs. B2710

/ TC25 Vs. B2710 #1  

RBrown

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab & RTV 900
I have narrowed my search down to these two machines. I am looking at a package including hydro, 4x4, loader, 72" mid or rear mower, 60" tiller, and R4's. I am looking for any owner feedback on these units to help me decide blue or orange. I like what I see and feel from both, but I am looking to be sold by someone other than a dealer. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

/ TC25 Vs. B2710 #2  
Based on the date of your message, you must have made up your mind. I too am caught between the TC33D and L3010. The Kabota is a little more $ and a heavier tractor; however, its controls are in odd places and seem stiff. What did you decide on. Others have any advice?

/ TC25 Vs. B2710
I still haven't made up my mind. Right when I thought I had my decision narrowed down I had the opportunity to see a TC29D and a 2910. Now it seems that I have four units of interest. The only thing that I don't like about the New Holland is the price. I wish the 2710 had the features that the 2910 has without the added HP or price. The New Holland TC25D might be the best choice for me. I will say that I definitely have it narrowed down to New Holland or Kubota. It might even come down to who is offering the best financing. I just hate to rush into this major of a purchase. Let me know what you decide and why.

/ TC25 Vs. B2710 #4  
I recently purchased the TC25D. Like you I also looked at the B2710. The dealer carries both. The price was very close between the two. I liked the feel and control placement better with the NH. The weight of the TC25D is actually heavier 2474 vs 1741 lbs. I use a 60" Woods rotary cutter and a 55" rotto-tiller. the NH seems to have more than enough power. Good luck with your decision.

/ TC25 Vs. B2710 #5  
Take a look at posts under Kubota. I just noted that the weight you quoted for the Kubota apparently does not include wheels, tires or fluids. The NH does. Their weight is actually similar.

/ TC25 Vs. B2710 #6  
That's actually still up in the air, really... I suppose an official answer is out there somewhere; we just don't have it.

msig.gif

/ TC25 Vs. B2710 #7  
RBrown, I've been looking at the same tractors, though I started looking a little smaller. Now I've pretty much narrowed it to the B2710/TC25D or B2910/TC29D. I've found the B2910 to be $600 more than the B2710 which is still $4-500 less than the TC25D (w/o supersteer). (The Kubota prices include a folding ROPS.) I haven't priced the TC29D yet. I drove a B2710 yesterday and LIKED it. Didn't have any problems with layout of controls. The flat deck is nice. Maneuverability is great. Shifting was a little stiff, but I don't have any basis of comparison.

Have sat on a NH but haven't been able to drive one yet. Was nice to sit on /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. I was a little concerned about getting on and off the right side with the joystick location there. I was initially drawn by the bells and whistles too, but after thinking alot about how I'd be using it and what's really important I have come to the conclusion that only really significant thing is the flexible hitch ends (lacking on the B2710). I really don't know if I'd want the seat to swivel! But I might change my mind when I actually drive one. The fixed steering wheel on the B2710 was fine for me (I'm 6' 220lbs). If you haven't driven them, DO. It's the only way you can really decide if these things are really important to you.

One big question I have about the TC29D is that it specs are identical to the TC25D except for HP. The engine displacement is even the same as the 25 but it is rated at 29hp at 2800rpm instead of 25hp at 2600rpm (similarly for PTO HP). Hmmmm, makes me wonder. First question that I'll have when I get back to the dealer.

Let me know what you decide. I'm still at least a couple of months from putting any money on the line.

/ TC25 Vs. B2710 #8  
Don't you just love the way some folks leave out specifics.The brochure states "weight with ROPS" = 1741 lbs....dosn't say with out tires etc...Funny they mention the rops...I myself would guess the weight would include the tractor the rops and the wheels (dry weight that is)...But what would I know...?I don't make or even sell em' as a matter of fact I'm still looking for my 1st tractor and it would be nice to know what #'s to believe......

Lil' Paul

/ TC25 Vs. B2710 #9  
   / TC25 Vs. B2710 #10  
Wouldn't it be easy'er for some one like Mr.Carver to just call Kubota and ask point blank...If they wont tell the dealers why would they tell us the actuall weight as assembled.....?/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Lil' Paul