Price Check TC25D Pricing

/ TC25D Pricing #1  

RBrown

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab & RTV 900
A dealer just gave me a quote for a TC25D with R4's, 7308 Loader, 72" mid mount mower, and a 60" woods tiller for $22,000. This seems to be quite high, can anyone shed some light on this for me? He also sells Kubota and has an entire show room and yard filled with Kubota. Should I go to another dealer that only carries New Holland?

/ TC25D Pricing #2  
RBrown, being a Kubota owner, I don't know much about New Holland prices, but last Fall my cousin bought a TC29D with R4s, front end loader, Bush Hog brand 62" tiller, 60" brush hog, post hole digger, and a box blade for $21,800. Maybe he got a special deal since the salesman was a former co-worker of my cousin's wife./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ TC25D Pricing #3  
Yes, by all means go to a New Holland dealer that only handles NH. I got several dealers prices when I was shopping for my TC18, the highest price was from the NH dealer that also sold Kubota. I even educated him when I told him that he could sell me a TC18 for less than a B1700! He was dumbfounded that he could sell me 18.5 hp NH for less than the 17 hp Kubota. I wasn't going to buy from him anyway because his price was much higher than the dealer that handled NH only. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Good Luck, JimBinMI

/ TC25D Pricing #4  
JimBin, I have found that in my area, there are no New Holland only dealers. There are Kubota & New Holland Dealers, Kubota & John Deere Dealers, and I believe one that sells all three. I do not know why a dealer that sells only New Holland would be a bonus, knowing all the products you sell certainly affords them some objectivity. And if you were thinking that they would only push the Kubotas, think again, The Kubota/New Holland dealer loves both and can tell you whats great about each and leave it for you to decide. Plus he sells the industrial tractors that you can walk around and stare at 5" hydraulic rams and some steel that looks fun. Even the M series Kubotas and big agriculture New Hollands look pretty wimpy there. Rat...

/ TC25D Pricing #5  
You reckon if they're selling New Hollands, they have to have some other brand, too, to sell enough to stay in business?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ TC25D Pricing #6  
That's probably it. And the ones that carry more than one brand sell the NH ones for more so they won't have to worry with all the warranty work and service on them later. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ TC25D Pricing #7  
My feeling is the dealer that sells two or three models, is going to push and price the brand that brings them the most profit. Woods roto-tillers is one of the most expensive brands you can purchase. Have you considered another brand instead? I did and saved $700 for the same size tiller.

/ TC25D Pricing #8  
Now, now gentlemen, lets be civil here. In my earlier post I mentioned that all the dealers in my area sell at least 2 brands. The one closest to me sells Kubota and John Deere. He, I must admit, prefers the Kubotas, so maybe he does make more on them. He says and I concour that the Kubota has a nicer engine and the Hydrostatic transmission is superior. The other dealer sells Kubota and New Holland, and definitely does not push one over the other. You can drive everything he's got and ask any and all questions about both. Ask him which one he likes best and he'll tell you he takes them both home with him. Ask him about HST and he'll say "Is there any other way". and I'll say, I don't think so! If you won't the TC25D it has the hydrostatic, if you want SuperSteer send a private message to James and ask him how he likes it on his TC45D. Rat...

/ TC25D Pricing #9  
Under what conditions would anyone deliberately buy a tractor with an "inferior" engine and transmission? Just curious...

Mark

/ TC25D Pricing #10  
I guess it is different strokes for different folks. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
I have 19 hours on the TC45D now. I will admit I was a little leary about the New Holland motors with the smoking, and other comments I have read, but mine starts when the key is turned over, it dosen't smoke, and it's pretty quiet for a forty-five hosepower direct injected motor. I couldn't be happer with my purchase. I think New Holland is going to have a real contender with other tractor manufactures because of the thoughtful ammenities found on these models. In the end, it's still what you like that matters the most. SuperSteer, well, I love it. You would be amazed at how sharp these things turn, and it dosen't scuff the turf either. I have found that I can get out of tight places better because of SuperSteer, and closer to objects without having to use the brakes, and I can almost turn this baby on a dime. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif James