Price Check TC25D Pricing

/ TC25D Pricing #11  
Please don't misunderstand my earlier post - I'm not commenting on whether this or that tractor has a "superior" or "inferior" engine and transmission. I'm just asking the question: If someone really believes that a chartreuse tractor has a superior engine and transmission, under what conditions would he purchase something else, assuming they're within 15% or so of one another price-wise and aren't missing any of the "standard" features found on all of the major brands? Is there a particular feature found on one brand that is that much of an improvement? Something else?

Mark

/ TC25D Pricing #12  
Paddock,

I have two NH only dealers within 35 miles of me. I have a third NH & Kubota dealer within 40 miles. The one that sells both has had a harder time getting the Boomers in than the other two. One of the NH only dealers said that he knows why because NH prefers getting their tractors to NH only dealers and gives them a preference. This was his observation/experience. My NH dealer does just fine selling NH only, but in the same town the Kubota dealer seems to need to sell Cub Cadets also...probably to make ends meet. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Enjoy! JimBinMI

/ TC25D Pricing #13  
Interesting Jim. Funny thing is I had never heard of Cub Cadet until this forum. Where I live, which is a huge agricultural area, its amazing to see some of the equipment they sell. The NH and JD's are quite prevalent. They sell hundreds of horsepower 8 wheel tractors, soft cat tread type tractors etc. Sometimes its fun just to go walk around their yard and wonder what the things/attachments do. The Kubota /New Holland dealer was telling how Ford sold off to New Holland which is owned by FIAT and owns Case/International as well. He also mentioned that you can expect to see Kubota entering the industrial tractor market sometime in the future. Enjoy your TC18, like I needed to tell you that. Rat....

/ TC25D Pricing
Thanks for all the responses! I contacted the NH only dealer by phone and he came up with a rough price of $20,650 for a TC29D with 72" mid mower, loader, R4's, and 58" Woods tiller. He said he could blow away the other dealer on price because he does't push the NH line. That was clear to me by the 20 Kubotas and 1 NH on his lot. The only part of the deal that I didn't like was that he was recommeding a woods loader instead of the NH. He stated that it had a slightly higher capacity and he could save me $400. However, I prefer to have the tractor, loader, and mower all the same brand. Thanks for the input on the Woods tiller high cost. My only problem now is that the dealer that is offering this price is very small. He has 5 Boomers on the lot and a lot of older equipment, and he seems to lack organization. The combined Kubota/NH dealer is high on his price, however he has a more professional looking dealership. I realize that service and the quality of the mechanics make the dealership, however I am looking for a long range relationship with a reliable dealer. I wish the combined dealer would offer me a fair comparison of the Kubota 2910 and the New Holland TC29D prices. He has quoted me a 2710 with all the features/attachments listed above for $20,800. Maybe he is just high priced on everything he sells? The question is will he come down on both or will he only come down on the Kubota?