Mowing tc26 2006 - loses power

/ tc26 2006 - loses power #1  

JimLevin

TC26 is losing power when mowing. I'll let the tractor sit with the mower on and it will regain its power. Then I'll start off again it will start to lose power again. If i'm down hill it seems to be better.

I replaced the fuel filter 1 month ago and it was chuck full of stuff.
This seemed to fix the problem, but now a month later it back..
Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

/ tc26 2006 - loses power #2  
TC26 is losing power when mowing. I'll let the tractor sit with the mower on and it will regain its power. Then I'll start off again it will start to lose power again. If i'm down hill it seems to be better.

Thanks,
Jim

The "chuck full of stuff" probably was back up the fuel line and laying in the bottom of the fuel tank blocking the drain.
I would pull the fuel line from the fuel filter and see if diesel runs out first.

/ tc26 2006 - loses power
will do. thanks

/ tc26 2006 - loses power
I just checked the line going from the tank into the filter and no restrictions.

/ tc26 2006 - loses power #5  
Jim, your filter probably collected more junk and needs to be changed the 2nd time. You also might try removing the fuel feed line from the top of the injector pump to see if you have full fuel flow there, but I think you didn't get all the junk out the first time the filter was changed and it filled up the filter pores again. The problem you describe is classic for fuel starvation due to restricted flow.

/ tc26 2006 - loses power #6  

Thanks,
Jim

Your problem sounds like a classic case of restricted fuel flow.

You most likely have a lot of crud in the tank and you reclogged your filter. You'll probably need to replace the filter but the root cause is contamination of fuel in the tank. I would recommend you first clean the tank, thefuel line between the tank and the filter, and the fuel outlet strainer. Then replace the fuel filter and bleed the system. Otherwise you'll just keep clogging the filter.