3-Point Hitch TC30 - broken lower lift arm attachment pin

/ TC30 - broken lower lift arm attachment pin #1  

teststrips

I was tilling yesterday in a rough area with a lot of rocks. Tiller was bucking quite badly. I looked back and the whole tiller looked quite sideways. Turned off the PTO and with some quick investigation found that the lower arm wasn't attached at the bottom of the tractor anymore - the pin had broken off.

I took out the two bolts on the bracket, but it won't budge. 5 LB sledge isn't moving it - I soaked it with PB but hasn't moved yet. Am I missing something, or do I just need a bigger hammer to get this loose. I've attached some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. Also - is this a full assembly that I'll need to buy from New Holland, or is this just a mounting bracket for a generic pin that I can get at tractor supply?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200614_083223.jpg
    IMG_20200614_083223.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20200614_083231.jpg
    IMG_20200614_083231.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 120
   / TC30 - broken lower lift arm attachment pin #2  
I was tilling yesterday in a rough area with a lot of rocks. Tiller was bucking quite badly. I looked back and the whole tiller looked quite sideways. Turned off the PTO and with some quick investigation found that the lower arm wasn't attached at the bottom of the tractor anymore - the pin had broken off.

I took out the two bolts on the bracket, but it won't budge. 5 LB sledge isn't moving it - I soaked it with PB but hasn't moved yet. Am I missing something, or do I just need a bigger hammer to get this loose. I've attached some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. Also - is this a full assembly that I'll need to buy from New Holland, or is this just a mounting bracket for a generic pin that I can get at tractor supply?

Thanks!

I think the pin bracket is removable. It is part #52 in my ford 1700 lift arm. I looked at my pics for my 1700 and it exactly looks like what you have. The pin bracket is not welded on to the diffy or is part of the diffy.This lower pin bracket is just bolted on to the diffy and it should come after removing the two bolts like you have done. I think it is time for bigger hammer, I would add a bit of heat with a propane torch and some penetrating oil before I whack it .

PS. I would just take the bracket off , prep it good and weld on a pin that I would buy from TSC. I am sure you can source the pic from NH as TC-30 is a lot newer than my rig.

DSC07665.JPGDSC03641.JPG

Attachments

• THREE-POINT LINKAGE, HITCH, 1300, 1500, 1700 & 1900.pdf
    205.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
   / TC30 - broken lower lift arm attachment pin #3  
fyi. Look at the TC30 lower link attached here. You should be able to source OEM from NH.

Attachments

• THREE POINT LINKAGE.pdf
    166.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
   / TC30 - broken lower lift arm attachment pin
Thanks JC - I heated it up today and it started to budge. About 10 minutes of working it back and forth and I finally had it off. The pin appears to have been welded into the bracket, but the brackets are over $50. I'm going to see if I can find a pin that I think will work at Tractor supply and grind/drill out the broken pin to replace it.

/ TC30 - broken lower lift arm attachment pin #5  
Thanks JC - I heated it up today and it started to budge. About 10 minutes of working it back and forth and I finally had it off. The pin appears to have been welded into the bracket, but the brackets are over $50. I'm going to see if I can find a pin that I think will work at Tractor supply and grind/drill out the broken pin to replace it.

Cool. I would buy a normal pin from TSC, put it in vice, use a side grinder with cut off wheel to cut nice , and square at the shoulder on the threaded side. doing in tat way you will have more circumference to weld on the pin to the bracket. Use the side grinder and remove all remnant of the old pin and weld so you will have nice shiny flat surface in the bracket. Use a magnetic welding square, tack on two side or better on 4 sides so it would be perfect 90 to the bracket and then go around and put a nice fat bead or a root bead and and a cover. should be able to do it around $10 of consumables including the pin.

JC,