TC30 History

/ TC30 History #1  

Golfgar4

Elite Member
Tractor
None -yet. Until then FunBuggy (EZ-Go) will have to do!
I was over in Machinerylink.com and I noticed that under the NH listing, there are no TC30's listed at all. The list goes from the TC29 to the TC33. Why is this? Is the TC30 model new this year? Was it called something else and then reborn?

Just wondering what the history of the tractor might be, as it is one that I'm looking at closely.

/ TC30 History #2  
TC30 first became available to dealers last November.

/ TC30 History #3  
The TC30 is not a "Boomer", but is instead an attempt at a lower-price compact tractor. There is talk of a brother unit with higher horsepower in the works. I'm not sure why they used the same TC prefix in the model number. This lack of logical nomenclature - it really upsets us obsessive/compulsive, perfectionist (and possibly somewhat ****) types.

TC_main_A.jpg

/ TC30 History #4  
TC in the New Holland world stands for Tractor Compact. Boomer is the real identity mark they want used.

/ TC30 History
Thanks for the info. I guess I never heard (or forgot - that 50+ thing /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif) that it was a new model.

<font color=blue>"This lack of logical nomenclature - it really upsets us obsessive/compulsive, perfectionist (and possibly somewhat ****) types."</font color=blue>

Geesh DocHeb - it's just downright confusing, too!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ TC30 History #6  
But doesn't it look an awful lot like the old 17() series? Another version of once was old, is new again?

/ TC30 History #7  
<font color=blue>But doesn't it look an awful lot like the old 17() series?</font color=blue>

My dealer described the TC 30 as "a 17xx resurrected to be our 'price fighter'... it's the NH answer to JD's 790". I don't know if that is exactly rue or not, but I believe others have stated here that the engine/drivetrain has a lot in common with the 1700 series.

John Mc

/ TC30 History
<font color=blue>"...it's the NH answer to JD's 790".</font color=blue>

I've heard that too. So far, I'd have to say that NH has got JD beat with this tractor. It offers a hydro. transmission, which the 790 does not, and has greater 3 pt lifting capacity than the 790. These are the main reasons I've been looking at the TC30. Since I probably won't be buying for another year, it'll give NH some time to work out the bugs in a new line. That's a GOOD thing! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ TC30 History #9  
They are basically the same tractor as the 1620. For comparison you could use the 1720 but the 1720 did not have a hydro version.

/ TC30 History #10  
recently purchased tc30 and seems like a very nice tractor so far,but one problem im having is bending the stabelizers when I pull my finish mower.
their not the heavy duty kind that come on the boomers. their just a cheap turnbuckle hope I can upgrade.