TC33 Injection problem

/ TC33 Injection problem #1  

fireman0977

Tractor
06 NH TC33da
So I have no fuel passing thru my injection pump. I have fuel running out the bleeder at the top of the injection pump, pulled the banjo bolt to make sure something didn't clog it up.

I have also disconnected all 3 lines from the pump. I have cranked it over quite a bit and nothing is coming out at all. I parked it about 4 days ago in the shop and went out to start it and it just cranks but obviously no fuel???

Anyone think the injector pump just went bad sitting there? It was running fine when I parked it and I had pressure washed everything a few days before that. So if water got somewhere I think it wouldve not started then.

Anyone had this happen before??

/ TC33 Injection problem #2  
Have you checked your fuel cutoff solenoid on the injector pump? From your description, it just sounds like the solenoid has no power and is keeping fuel shut off. Check for power to the solenoid when the ignition is turned to on. You will have to have the transmission in neutral and probably sitting in the seat or have your parking brake set. You might also have a fuse blown to the solenoid and not be sending it power.

/ TC33 Injection problem
Ah ha, that might be the problem, I didn't know there was anything electrical involved on the fuel system on these at all.

I'll check my fuses tommorrow. Thanks man, you are usually the guy I look for in threads for advice. This sounds like the problem from what I have experienced

/ TC33 Injection problem #4  
The solenoid screws into the back side of your injector pump. It has one spade connector that carries 12 vdc and the body of the solenoid is ground. The pictures below are my tractor, but yours is similar in location.

Failure of the actual solenoid is rare, but you can test for 12 vdc at the wire when you are trying to start. Most often, there is a problem with the seat switch and the operator present system is keeping the solenoid off. Most times a seat switch can be bypassed by setting the parking brake. You can also jumper 12 vdc to the solenoid. But if the tractor starts, you'll have to pull the jumper before the engine will shut off. You can also remove the solenoid from the injector pump since that does the same thing as applying 12 vdc, but your tractor will not have any way to stop the engine if the solenoid is removed. It's spring loaded plunger has to press on a lever inside the pump to shut off fuel flow. It's designed to be failsafe so that it keeps the tractor shut off anytime power is removed from the circuit.

Attachments

• FuelSOS.jpg
    FuelSOS.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,606
  • Solenoid-1.jpg
    Solenoid-1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 640
   / TC33 Injection problem
So the bocsh relays that are behind the ingnition one goes to this solenoid where does the other go to that is exactly the same? They are part number 28211 9 I jumped the relay and sure as **** it started right up.

FIgured I'd throw in the other relay and see if it would work and they both act like they are bad? Which is why I am curious where the other one goes to. They sit right next to each other and are both gray.

/ TC33 Injection problem #6  
Your safety module may have gone bad or has poor connection. It has 3 wires going to it...... black,white and the same light blue that connects to the fuel cutoff solenoid.

/ TC33 Injection problem #7  
I'm sorry, but I don't have the exact schematic for your tractor, so I can't be sure about the relays. I concur with wrenchguy that the safety module is often the source of problems when the seat switch is not the culprit. I'm sure wrenchguy has more experience with your specific tractor and his advice should be followed. I'm just thrilled that you don't have an injector pump problem since this is relatively simple. I'm sure you smiled when the engine started.:thumbsup:

/ TC33 Injection problem
So tried a new relay as I can jumper the wire and it starts fine. That safety module your talking about is directly below the relays right? That is what I can tell from your description. I jumpered the relay for right now so i could use it. I'll check tommorrow how much that safety connector is

/ TC33 Injection problem #9  
That is correct,below the relays. One other thing you can check is to be sure your mid PTO lever is in the fully "rested" position. If the lever isn't securely pulled into the "off" position and is resting on the switch then the switch will "see" the PTO is engaged even if the indicator light isn't showing. This will allow the engine to crank but not start. Even if the lever is in the correct position,gently pull back as far as you can on it while trying to start. If it starts your mid PTO switch just needs a slight adjustment.

/ TC33 Injection problem #10  
Have you checked your fuel cutoff solenoid on the injector pump? From your description, it just sounds like the solenoid has no power and is keeping fuel shut off. Check for power to the solenoid when the ignition is turned to on. You will have to have the transmission in neutral and probably sitting in the seat or have your parking brake set. You might also have a fuse blown to the solenoid and not be sending it power.
Very happy to have stumbled onto your post, thank you Jinman! I just changed the filter housing and could not get fuel past the injector pump. Turns out while I was disconnecting hoses I caused the wire to the solenoid to pop off. I found your post just before I was about to dig way too deep into this tractor.