TC33D Glow Plug Problem Fixed

/ TC33D Glow Plug Problem Fixed
Just read your post from years back talking about a tc33d glow plug timer you bought for $52. Is that the same as 385870301 and did you get it at Napa. Thanks, Roy Bean

Hi Roy,

Sorry for the late reply, I don't frequent the New Holland Form very much any more. I still have my 33D and it runs great. I purchased a Massey last fall that has a heated cab and front mounted blower for snow removal.

I'm fairly sure I purchased the relay from the New Holland dealer but you could get one from anywhere that will fit the receptacle block, its not like New Holland is making their own relays. From what I remember the electrical starting issues I had with my 33D were totally resolved when I added the additional relay into the starting circuit. Jinman figured out why it was required, he definitely missed, as he helped me a number of times.

Good luck.

/ TC33D Glow Plug Problem Fixed #12  
where is glow plug timer located on tc33da

Attachments

• TC33D Relays.JPG
    TC33D Relays.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 1,101
   / TC33D Glow Plug Problem Fixed #15  
So the glow plug timer relay will keep it from running ? If I remember right when I got my tractor used it didn’t have the glow plug timer . I added it once it started getting cold ? I’m back to having problems. New power wire today , new ground . Good battery. Key switch looks okay. Moved relays around no change . It’s really starting to piss me off . Costing me money with lost side jobs . Oh replace the water pump today .

So the glow plug timer relay will keep it from running ? If I remember right when I got my tractor used it didn’t have the glow plug timer . I added it once it started getting cold ? I’m back to having problems. New power wire today , new ground . Good battery. Key switch looks okay. Moved relays around no change . It’s really starting to piss me off . Costing me money with lost side jobs . Oh replace the water pump today .
The Glow Plug relay will not stop your tractor from starting, it will just be more difficult to get it started the colder it gets. I would say my TC33D is sensitive to cold. Without glow plugs at 20 degrees its going to be troublesome to start.

Can you be a little more specific about what your starting problem is?

Does your engine turn over?

Does it turn over slow?

If your Glow Plug relay is working you still might have a problem with your plugs themselves.

The following posting is a pretty good reference for New Holland TC starting issues. See post #127 for an electrical modification to the starting circuit what has solved many owners (myself included) intermittent issues where you turn the key a few times and only get a fait "click" sound, then turn the key again to have the engine turn over and start.

TC33D wont start

/ TC33D Glow Plug Problem Fixed #18  
The Glow Plug relay will not stop your tractor from starting, it will just be more difficult to get it started the colder it gets. I would say my TC33D is sensitive to cold. Without glow plugs at 20 degrees its going to be troublesome to start.

Can you be a little more specific about what your starting problem is?

Does your engine turn over?

Does it turn over slow?

If your Glow Plug relay is working you still might have a problem with your plugs themselves.

I’m back to intermittent start no start . Just put new cables on . New starter. Tested my old one it was good . Good battery. Good connections . Key switch looked ok when I took it apart . Replaced it maybe 2 years ago when I first had the issue . Starter was the fix . That time . I’m leaning towards adding the extra relay .