Tc33d Slipping transmission?

/ Tc33d Slipping transmission? #11  
I would add one more thing to try. There is a possibility that the third gear is not engaging in example due to linkage out of adjustment. Put it in neutral between 2nd and 3rd and step somewhat on the forward pedal and then try to shift in 3rd. If it doesn't grind then it is not shifting to 3rd. When you are in 3rd gear and try to go uphill or just fast on flat you should feel it in the pedal. If it is easy to press the pedal then the you are not in gear.

/ Tc33d Slipping transmission?
I would add one more thing to try. There is a possibility that the third gear is not engaging in example due to linkage out of adjustment. Put it in neutral between 2nd and 3rd and step somewhat on the forward pedal and then try to shift in 3rd. If it doesn't grind then it is not shifting to 3rd. When you are in 3rd gear and try to go uphill or just fast on flat you should feel it in the pedal. If it is easy to press the pedal then the you are not in gear.

Thanks everyone for your ideas and suggestions.
I do most of my mowing in 3rd gear. The tractor seems to handle it quite nicely, it's just those little hills/inclines. I've always thought I didn't have much of a road gear though, the speedometer only reads 10mph. Maybe the transmission forward and reverse pedal needs adjustment. I'll have to take a look at it Monday before I mow. I will let everyone know what I find

Russ